Home > Arava > Breast cancer > Arava and Breast cancer
Review: could Arava cause Breast cancer?
Summary: Breast cancer is found among people who take Arava, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Celebrex, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 16,214 people who have side effects while taking Arava from FDA and social media. Among them, 85 have Breast cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Arava and have Breast cancer >>>
Arava (latest outcomes from 16,324 users) has active ingredients of leflunomide. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Breast cancer (latest reports from 198,128 patients) has been reported by people with hormone replacement therapy, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 16,214 people reported to have side effects when taking Arava. Among them, 85 people (0.52%) have Breast Cancer.
Time on Arava when people have Breast cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast cancer||19.23%||23.08%||7.69%||11.54%||26.92%||11.54%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Breast cancer when taking Arava * :
|Breast cancer||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breast cancer when taking Arava * :
|Breast cancer||0.00%||21.05%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.14%||23.68%||49.12% |
Severity of Breast cancer when taking Arava ** :
How people recovered from Breast cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (85 people, 100.00%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (10 people, 11.76%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 5.88%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 5.88%)
- Osteopenia (3 people, 3.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Celebrex (63 people, 74.12%)
- Aldactone (48 people, 56.47%)
- Bumetanide (48 people, 56.47%)
- Methotrexate (27 people, 31.76%)
- Enbrel (27 people, 31.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Breast Cancer while taking Arava?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Arava and have Breast Cancer
- support group for people who take Arava
- support group for people who have Breast Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does femara affect crp results?
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Cancer - Breast, and takes Femara)
Does femara affect the results of the C Reactive Protein test? I have been on it for two years and have side effects of joint pain and hot flashes with nausea.
- Breast cancer of former norplant users
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Norplant)
Patients who had a norplant that developed breast cancer after it's removal. I know of 3 young women who have aggressive breast cancer and they all had norplant at some point.
- What can i do to eliminate the pain and tenderness from superficicial thrombophlebitis in and under my breast
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Superficial Thrombophlebitis, Breast Cancer)
after breast cancer surgery, I developed superficial thrombophlebitis. Cannot wear a bra because any pressure froma band on a bra upon the rib cage right under my breast is painful. Any ideas for relief? Will time hopefully make this go away and the veins become less painful? Do I need to see a ...
- I have chf & a pacemaker. if the oncologist prescribes post-radiation letrozole, am i endangering another attack of heart failure?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Was Hospitalized In Dec. 2012 W/CHF & Pacemaker Was Implanted., Also Diagnoses With COPD & Bordering On 70% Carotid Arteries In Left & 49% On Rt Side., Breast Cancer)
Just completed 26 radiation treatments of right breast for cancer. Am being offered to start
letrozole this week for 5 years or the rest of my life. I am 88 years old, with various other health issues. Having been thru congestive heart failure last December, I don't want to take
letrozole if it ...
- Does leflunomide increases triglyceride level as its side-effect?
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Trygluceride Level 194mg/dl Normal Range-50-150 Mg/dl, and takes Leflunomide)
I m taking leflunomide for last 5yrs.My Ra factor is positive and have pain IN Multiple joints especially in forelimbs.
This time my uric acid level is slightly increased above normal and CRP has increased 16 folds
More questions for: Arava, Breast cancer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
More reviews for: Arava, Breast cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Vivelle-dot, Leflunomide, Effexor, Topamax, Enbrel for a patient with Anxiety, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on Enbrel 50 mg per wk for just over 1 yr. In April 2014, I was awaiting my shipment of meds via UPS, when they arrived I was in the restroom and was unable to get to the door in time. The UPS driver left a note that they would return tomorrow with my box. The next day the UPS driver a ...
- A study of side effects of Leflunomide for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Leflunomide
Comments: I had just started on Leflunomide but had terrible headaches and pains in my muscles, after 5 days I was told to stop for a week then try again. This time I took for 6 days, but am now suffering severe pain in my legs with massive swellings appearing, one of which is on my thigh just under my thigh ...
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Cetirizine Hydrochloride for a patient with Menorhea, Allergies. The patient has Breast Cancer
Comments: As recommended by the surgeon who performed a pelvic floor surgery that triggered chronic infection of the uterus, I was to take high doses of OTC Advil to control progesterone production, in hopes of controlling extreme and threatening amounts of blood loss extending over up to six weeks at a time. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fosamax, Prednisone, Methotrexate Lpf, Humira, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Leflunomide, Folic Acid, Calcium for a patient with Prednisone, Arthritis - Psoriatic, For Use With Methotrexate, Health. The patient has Femur Fracture
Comments: Two years ago I suffered a fracture to my right femur from a standing position. Doctors in the emergency room thought I had been hit by a bus. I was just taking some light packages from my car when I stepped backward, felt a snap, nausea and toppled backward. I knew I had a broken bone because it wa ...
More related studies for: Arava, Breast cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
- Aspirin and Elevated Liver Enzymes
- High Blood Cholesterol and Elevated Liver Enzymes
- Aspirin and Elevated Mood
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-prove ... (30 minutes ago)
- People with statin drug damage
Answer: I stopped statins months ago. My fancy cardiologist did no ... (1 hour ago)
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal ... (3 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (15 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (20 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lisinopril, Flunisolide, Ibuprofen, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Ketotifen Fumarate, Lamotrigine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 43-year old man who has Hypertension, Rhinitis, Pain, Conjunctivitis, Depression, Insomnia, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (2 minutes ago)
- Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a 76-year old woman who has Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis (21 minutes ago)
- Omeprazole for a 58-year old man who has Acidosis (27 minutes ago)