Review: could Arava cause Breast cancer?
Summary: Breast cancer is found among people who take Arava, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Celebrex, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 16,219 people who have side effects while taking Arava from FDA and social media. Among them, 85 have Breast cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Arava and have Breast cancer >>>
Arava has active ingredients of leflunomide. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 16,330 Arava users)
Breast cancer has been reported by people with hormone replacement therapy, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 77,346 Breast cancer patients)
On Mar, 10, 2015: 16,219 people reported to have side effects when taking Arava. Among them, 85 people (0.52%) have Breast Cancer.
Time on Arava when people have Breast cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast cancer||19.23%||23.08%||7.69%||11.54%||26.92%||11.54%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Breast cancer when taking Arava * :
|Breast cancer||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breast cancer when taking Arava * :
|Breast cancer||0.00%||21.05%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.14%||23.68%||49.12% |
Severity of Breast cancer when taking Arava ** :
How people recovered from Breast cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (85 people, 100.00%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (10 people, 11.76%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 5.88%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 5.88%)
- Osteopenia (3 people, 3.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Celebrex (63 people, 74.12%)
- Aldactone (48 people, 56.47%)
- Bumetanide (48 people, 56.47%)
- Methotrexate (27 people, 31.76%)
- Enbrel (27 people, 31.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of arava and breast cancer on
Do you have Breast Cancer while taking Arava?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Arava and have Breast Cancer
- support group for people who take Arava
- support group for people who have Breast Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Plaquenil, Leflunomide, Methotrexate for a 63-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Folliculitis
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Humira, Leflunomide for a 40-year old woman with Anxiety, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Aromasin, Afinitor for a 63-year old woman with Breast Cancer Metastatic, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Breast Cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Leflunomide for a 23-year old man with Arthritis - Psoriatic, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, Depression Suicidal, Inferiority Complex, Scaly Skin, Back Pain, Neck Pain
Recent Arava related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.