Review: could Arava cause Diarrhea?
We study 16,214 people who have side effects while taking Arava from FDA and social media. Among them, 703 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Arava and have Diarrhea >>>
Arava (latest outcomes from 16,322 users) has active ingredients of leflunomide. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,102,104 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 16,214 people reported to have side effects when taking Arava. Among them, 703 people (4.34%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Arava when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Arava * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Arava * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Arava ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (625 people, 88.90%)
- Hypertension (52 people, 7.40%)
- Osteoporosis (51 people, 7.25%)
- Pain (38 people, 5.41%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (30 people, 4.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (170 people, 24.18%)
- Prednisone (139 people, 19.77%)
- Enbrel (99 people, 14.08%)
- Prednisolone (92 people, 13.09%)
- Celebrex (88 people, 12.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Arava?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Arava and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Arava
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Arava, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Arava, Diarrhea
On eHealthMe, Arava (leflunomide) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Arava is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Arava used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Leflunomide, Vitamin B12, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Methotrexate Preservative Free for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Anxiety, Insomnia, Sapho Syndrome, Malabsorption. The patient has Sinus Headache, High Blood Cholesterol, Heartburn - Chronic, Diarrhea, Anxiety, Malabsorption, Lower Blood Pressure, Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Erectile Dysfunction, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Vivelle-dot, Leflunomide, Effexor, Topamax, Enbrel for a patient with Anxiety, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Diarrhea
More related studies for: Arava, Diarrhea
Recent Arava related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Arava, Diarrhea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.