Home > Arava > Sinus infection > Arava and Sinus infection
Review: could Arava cause Sinus infection (Sinusitis)?
Summary: Sinus infection is found among people who take Arava, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Enbrel, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 16,214 people who have side effects while taking Arava from FDA and social media. Among them, 149 have Sinus infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinus infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Arava and have Sinus infection >>>
Arava (latest outcomes from 16,324 users) has active ingredients of leflunomide. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Sinus infection (inflammation of sinus) (latest reports from 231,890 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, psoriasis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 16,211 people reported to have side effects when taking Arava. Among them, 149 people (0.92%) have Sinus Infection.
Time on Arava when people have Sinus infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sinus infection||11.11%||16.67%||22.22%||0.00%||38.89%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sinus infection when taking Arava * :
|Sinus infection||83.44%||16.56% |
Age of people who have Sinus infection when taking Arava * :
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.74%||7.83%||17.39%||36.52%||36.52% |
Severity of Sinus infection when taking Arava ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sinus infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (123 people, 82.55%)
- Pain (13 people, 8.72%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 8.72%)
- Hypothyroidism (11 people, 7.38%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 6.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Enbrel (55 people, 36.91%)
- Humira (27 people, 18.12%)
- Methotrexate (26 people, 17.45%)
- Prednisone (23 people, 15.44%)
- Remicade (18 people, 12.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sinus Infection while taking Arava?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Arava and have Sinus Infection
- support group for people who take Arava
- support group for people who have Sinus Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Does leflunomide increases triglyceride level as its side-effect?
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Trygluceride Level 194mg/dl Normal Range-50-150 Mg/dl, and takes Leflunomide)
I m taking leflunomide for last 5yrs.My Ra factor is positive and have pain IN Multiple joints especially in forelimbs.
This time my uric acid level is slightly increased above normal and CRP has increased 16 folds
- Do any of my medications cause peripheral neuropathy
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate, Arava, Rituxan, Folic Acid, Famotidine, Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Aspirin, Omega-3)
Peripheral neuropathy started after my diagnosis and the initiation of the RA meds. My Rheumatologist says it is not associated with the meds BUT I find info on the net that disagrees. I think it is the med(s). I am interested in what experience others have had. Thanks K
- Can arava worsen psoriasis
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Arava)
Psoriasis mild when started arava. By the second month p's all over my body.. very severe.
Cannot find other people that have reported this. I'd hate to stop the drug if it isn't cause.
- Is there an interaction between chromium polynicotinate and synthroid
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Management, Osteoporosis, Hyperthyroidism, A-fib, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Synthroid, Leflunomide, Sulindac, Methotrexate Sodium, Ibandronate Sodium, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Levemir, Digoxin, Procardia Xl, Metoprolol Succinate)
One of the ingredients, chromium polynicotinate, is in Super CitriMax Plus and want to know if it will interact with Synthroid or any of the other medications I listed above?
More questions for: Arava, Sinus infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
More reviews for: Arava, Sinus infection
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Arava for a patient with Blood Pressure, Lower Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hiv Test Positive
Comments: Also take Aspirin 81 mg daily
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Arava for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Headache
Comments: Blinding headache with nausea and facial swelling
- A study of side effects of Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus), Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin), Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters), Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: I have no ear wax. My ears stop producing wax 4 years ago after a bad case of itching, and after using prescription ear drops and going to the doctor biweekly for a month to let doctor squirt a puff of powder in each ear. After all of this no more ear wax, and I woke up with left ear stopped up, and ...
- A study of side effects of Luvox for a patient with OCD. The patient has Sinus Infection (inflammation of sinus)
Comments: never had sinus problems before
- A study of side effects of Leflunomide for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Gastrointestinal Pain, Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen)
Comments: I have IBS and have had bloating and gas pain in the past, but I'm taking Linzess which has kept it under control. I started taking Lefunomide 20 mg and within 12 hrs I had a severe case of gas pain and bloating that I couldn't get to go away and has lingered for 3 days
More related studies for: Arava, Sinus infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.