Review: could Arava cause Sinus infection (Sinusitis)?
Summary: Sinus infection is found among people who take Arava, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Enbrel, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 16,219 people who have side effects while taking Arava from FDA and social media. Among them, 149 have Sinus infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinus infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Arava and have Sinus infection >>>
Arava has active ingredients of leflunomide. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 16,329 Arava users)
Sinus infection (inflammation of sinus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, psoriasis. (latest reports from 36,517 Sinus infection patients)
On Feb, 20, 2015: 16,219 people reported to have side effects when taking Arava. Among them, 149 people (0.92%) have Sinus Infection.
Time on Arava when people have Sinus infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sinus infection||11.11%||16.67%||22.22%||0.00%||38.89%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sinus infection when taking Arava * :
|Sinus infection||83.44%||16.56% |
Age of people who have Sinus infection when taking Arava * :
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.74%||7.83%||17.39%||36.52%||36.52% |
Severity of Sinus infection when taking Arava ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sinus infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (123 people, 82.55%)
- Pain (13 people, 8.72%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 8.72%)
- Hypothyroidism (11 people, 7.38%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 6.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Enbrel (55 people, 36.91%)
- Humira (27 people, 18.12%)
- Methotrexate (26 people, 17.45%)
- Prednisone (23 people, 15.44%)
- Remicade (18 people, 12.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sinus Infection while taking Arava?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Arava and have Sinus Infection
- support group for people who take Arava
- support group for people who have Sinus Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Arava related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adipex-p, Leflunomide for a 46-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Arava, Methotrexate for a 49-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Leflunomide, Plaquenil, Prednisolone, Oxycontin for a 40-year old woman who has Clinical Hemoglobin C
- Comparions of Leflunomide (Teva Pharms) - 10MG, Rituxan (Genentech) - 10MG/ML for a 66-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Arava (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 100MG, Ramipril (Cobalt Labs Inc) - 5MG, Tegretol (Novartis) - 200MG, Methotrexate Sodium (Dava Pharms Inc) - EQ 2.5MG BASE, Humira for a 49-year old woman who has Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.