Home > Aricept > Abnormal dreams > Aricept and Abnormal dreams
Review: could Aricept cause Abnormal dreams?
Summary: Abnormal dreams is found among people who take Aricept, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Namenda, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 14,907 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Among them, 89 have Abnormal dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aricept and have Abnormal dreams >>>
Aricept (latest outcomes from 15,463 users) has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss.
Abnormal dreams (latest reports from 15,230 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 14,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 89 people (0.60%) have Abnormal Dreams.
Time on Aricept when people have Abnormal dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abnormal dreams||30.00%||50.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Aricept * :
|Abnormal dreams||53.85%||46.15% |
Age of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Aricept * :
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.35%||5.41%||2.70%||90.54% |
Severity of Abnormal dreams when taking Aricept ** :
How people recovered from Abnormal dreams ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (13 people, 14.61%)
- Dementia (8 people, 8.99%)
- Depression (6 people, 6.74%)
- Multiple sclerosis (4 people, 4.49%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 4.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Namenda (19 people, 21.35%)
- Lipitor (13 people, 14.61%)
- Celebrex (10 people, 11.24%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 11.24%)
- Zoloft (9 people, 10.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abnormal Dreams while taking Aricept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Abnormal Dreams
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Abnormal Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Excessive Hunger, and takes Donepezil)
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- Has anyone else had a doctor who found a sufficient solution, such as sleeping medication, etc. to deal with the supposedly "rare"side effect of debilitating nightmares while taking viibryd?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Abnormal Dreams, and takes Viibryd)
Having debilitating nightmares on viibryd. Finding that this is a less than rare side effect. Dealing with all involved in a depressive episode is quite enough without having to also deal with this more than obnoxious side effect. Waking with panic attacks and have now developed a fear of going to ...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
(Asked by a 87 year old woman who has Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, GERD, Dementia, Hypertension, Fractured Hip, Reflux Esophagitis, and takes Metoclopramide, Remeron, Lisinopril, Aricept, Oxycodone Hydrochloride)
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
More questions for: Aricept, Abnormal dreams
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Strange dreams while sucking on a 2mg nicotine polacrilex lozenge
(Posted by a 74 year old man who has Abnormal Dreams, and takes Nicotine Polacrilex)
I had a dream in which I was aware of everything that was happening in the room around me, but purely auditory, I could hear the tv sound plainly but everything visual was very blurred.
I tried to stand and was unable to balance myself. When I forced myself to my feet, I tried to call for help ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aricept, Abnormal dreams
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Memory Loss. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
Comments: Patient has an Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and severe memory issues. He has self diagnosed himself as having Dementia (which may be true as well). Is normally verbally abusive and thinks those that do not tolerate or try to put boundaries on his abusive behaviors are "against him". D ...
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a patient with Depression. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Slow Heart Beat, Bruising Easily And Large Bruises, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Short-term Memory Loss, Abnormal Dreams, Visual Impairment, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Headache - Tension (head pain due to tension), Pain, Achilles Tendonitis (sharp pain anywhere along the back of the tendon), Pain - Ankle, Knee Pain, Pain - Hip, Low Back Pain, Crepitations (noises are produced by the rubbing of parts one against the other), Joint Stiffness
Comments: Always had some low back pain and hip click on right side without pain, worsened with Effexor in past few months. Only on right side with knee pain now and crepitus in knee. Thigh pain in right side to knee and now radiating to right ankle (inner) and Achilles. Fatigue worsened and lack motivation ...
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Mild Dementia. The patient has
Comments: I had renal transplant 20 years ago. I take immune-suppressant drugs daily. I would not have unprotected sex because of my kidney, and not infect my wife. My step daughter is spreading this lie. My Nephrologists think this is wrong. Can Aricept infect the genitals?
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Celexa, Aricept, Stalevo 200 for a patient with GERD, Depression, Memory Loss, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has
Comments: Parkinson's disease for 14 years. Three back surgeries in three months. Klebseilla infection cured by cleft in IV over three months. Problem, severe hypotension. Even while laying flat. Low RBC count. Gets 2,000 mls fluid daily
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Ranitidine, Detrol La, Klor-con M20, Mevacor, Glucophage, Levothroid, Escitalopram, Aricept for a patient with Arthritis, Blood Thinner, Heartburn And Acid Reflux, Overactive Bladder, Potassium - Low, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Overactive Thyroid, Depression, Confusion. The patient has Detrol La, Severe Confusion,no Appetite,imagination Of Unusal Things
Comments: My mom was admitted to a nursing home 2-weeks ago before that she was held over at the hospital 13 days, meds was changed, Aricept removed and Detrol she had a staff MD. her primary care md passed away 3 years ago. He put her on her meds and tooked good care of her. She has not been without a prima ...
More related studies for: Aricept, Abnormal dreams
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.