Home > Aricept > Blood potassium increased > Aricept and Blood potassium increased
Review: could Aricept cause Blood potassium increased (Hyperkalemia)?
Summary: Blood potassium increased is found among people who take Aricept, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Dementia.
We study 14,907 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Among them, 153 have Blood potassium increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood potassium increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aricept and have Blood potassium increased >>>
Aricept (latest outcomes from 15,462 users) has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss.
Blood potassium increased
Blood potassium increased (damage to or disease of the kidney) (latest reports from 188,945 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, pain, cardiac failure.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 14,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 153 people (1.03%) have Blood Potassium Increased.
Time on Aricept when people have Blood potassium increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood potassium increased||28.57%||4.76%||4.76%||23.81%||4.76%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood potassium increased when taking Aricept * :
|Blood potassium increased||67.72%||32.28% |
Age of people who have Blood potassium increased when taking Aricept * :
|Blood potassium increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.68%||99.32% |
Severity of Blood potassium increased when taking Aricept ** :
How people recovered from Blood potassium increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia (24 people, 15.69%)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (24 people, 15.69%)
- Hypertension (20 people, 13.07%)
- Constipation (13 people, 8.50%)
- Pulmonary embolism (12 people, 7.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (38 people, 24.84%)
- Norvasc (26 people, 16.99%)
- Furosemide (25 people, 16.34%)
- Lasix (25 people, 16.34%)
- Lisinopril (23 people, 15.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Potassium Increased while taking Aricept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Blood Potassium Increased
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Blood Potassium Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Excessive Hunger, and takes Donepezil)
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
(Asked by a 87 year old woman who has Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, GERD, Dementia, Hypertension, Fractured Hip, Reflux Esophagitis, and takes Metoclopramide, Remeron, Lisinopril, Aricept, Oxycodone Hydrochloride)
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- Does aricept shorten life expectancy? i am a 61 year old women with mild dementia.
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Dementia, and takes Aricept)
I have rcently been diagnosed with mild dementia and have been started on a low dose of aricept (25 mg daily). Will it shorten my life expectancy at all? Is there any research?
More questions for: Aricept, Blood potassium increased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aricept, Blood potassium increased
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Namenda for a patient with Parkinsonism. The patient has Parkinsonism
Comments: Has developed confusion in the evening between 6pm and 10 pm. Am taking namenda at 8 am and 6 pm. Taking donepezil and flomax at 8 pm. Have been taking namenda for 3 months. Since then speech has been lowered and muffled, mostly in the evening also. He is a little unsteady on his feet. Sometim ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Aspirin, Vitamin B, Aricept for a patient with Jet Lag, Alzheimer's Disease. The patient has Tinnitus
Comments: Tinnitus began in January 2012, 5 days after beginning Aricept. Second opinion doctor removed me from Aricept on 10th day on the drug, when he learned that I was experiencing the Tinnitus. Updated diagnosis by same (second) doctor after extensive workup was that Migraines caused Mild Cognitive Impai ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Namenda, Seroquel, Celexa, Keppra, Actos, Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Digoxin, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Calcium D - Glucarate, Centrum Silver, Aspirin for a patient with Alzheimers, Sleep Terror, Depression, Seizures, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Reflux Gastritis, Heart Rate Increased, Loss Of Memory, Osteoporosis, Multi-vitamin Maintenance. The patient has
Comments: Mom has taken all these meds a long time. Alzheimers has been progressing with it getting harder to put sentences together, but sometimes it happened easily. Recently she was hospitalized with aggitation, & loud outbursts & much confussion. Namenda, Aricept, Seroquel, & Celexa was discontinued. Abou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Namenda, Aricept for a patient with Dementia Alzheimer's Type, Alzheimers. The patient has Codeine, Aspirin, Apap Formula No. 3, Aricept
Comments: My mother has been taking Aricept 10mg for about 2 yrs, with a little improvement. She had a massive heart attack and regress. Then she was given aricept, two 10mg together with a namenda. She has been in Assited Living. She was taking these three drugs at 6:00pm. When i ask to look at her drug char ...
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Risperidone, Namenda, Metoprolol Tartrate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Simvastatin, Chlorthalidone, Levetiracetam, Oxcarbazepine, Aspirin for a patient with Dementia, Traumatic Brain Injury, Depression, Seizures, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner. The patient has Depression
Comments: This is for my father who sustained a traumatic head injury 8 years ago. He is able to walk, talk, eat, and be alone for short periods of time. My concern is that the concoction of drugs has increased dramatically in recent years; he suffers from extreme confusion, anxiety, agitation and recently ...
More related studies for: Aricept, Blood potassium increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Gastritis and Hypothyroidism
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (48 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (39 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (43 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (1 hour ago)