Aricept and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Aricept, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Namenda, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Aricept. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,675 people who have side effects when taking Aricept from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
18,675 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept.
Among them, 705 people (3.78%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aricept when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 43.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.68 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.53 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.77 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.28 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.88 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Aricept *:
- female: 60.81 %
- male: 39.19 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Aricept *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.17 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.27 %
- 50-59: 8.09 %
- 60+: 88.47 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (55 people, 7.80%)
- Osteoporosis (43 people, 6.10%)
- Multiple Myeloma (34 people, 4.82%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (34 people, 4.82%)
- Pain (28 people, 3.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Namenda (127 people, 18.01%)
- Aspirin (84 people, 11.91%)
- Lipitor (82 people, 11.63%)
- Lasix (77 people, 10.92%)
- Prilosec (67 people, 9.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (177 people, 25.11%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (134 people, 19.01%)
- Weakness (117 people, 16.60%)
- Dizziness (114 people, 16.17%)
- Fatigue (102 people, 14.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea when taking Aricept?
Aricept has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in alzheimer's disease. (latest outcomes from Aricept 19,382 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 288,392 Diarrhea patients).