Review: could Aricept cause Essential tremor?
Summary: Essential tremor is reported only by a few people who take Aricept.
We study 14,912 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Essential tremor and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aricept and have Essential tremor >>>
Aricept has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in alzheimer's disease. (latest outcomes from 15,468 Aricept users)
Essential tremor has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 1,103 Essential tremor patients)
On Mar, 23, 2015: 14,912 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Essential Tremor.
Time on Aricept when people have Essential tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Essential tremor||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Essential tremor when taking Aricept * :
|Essential tremor||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Essential tremor when taking Aricept * :
|Essential tremor||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Essential tremor when taking Aricept ** :
How people recovered from Essential tremor ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1 people, 100.00%)
- Essential tremor (1 people, 100.00%)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ferrous sulfate tab (1 people, 100.00%)
- Omeprazole (1 people, 100.00%)
- Prochlorperazine maleate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Escitalopram oxalate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Inderal (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Essential Tremor while taking Aricept?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Essential Tremor
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Essential Tremor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Ativan, Enulose, Megace for a 96-year old woman with Short-Term Memory Loss, Sedation, Postoperative Constipation, Bedsore.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Ditropan XL, Micardis, Singulair, Cymbalta, Requip, Aricept for a 77-year old woman with Osteomas, Immunity, Blood Thinner, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Depression, Tremor, Alzheimers. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a 66-year old man with Forgetfulness. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Namenda for a 84-year old woman with Alzheimer's Disease. The patient has Hallucination, Visual
- A study of drug interactions between Gilenya, Vitamin D, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Donepezil, Namenda, Seroquel, Topamax, Plaquenil for a 46-year old woman with RRMS, Bipolar I Disorder, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Tachycardia
Recent Aricept related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.