Review: could Aricept cause Neuropathy peripheral?
Summary: Neuropathy peripheral is found among people who take Aricept, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Bone density abnormal.
We study 14,910 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aricept and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Aricept has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss. (latest outcomes from Aricept 15,465 users)
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.(latest reports from Neuropathy peripheral 27,652 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 14,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 78 people (0.52%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Aricept when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Aricept * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||72.15%||27.85% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Aricept * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.02%||38.60%||54.39% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Aricept ** :
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone density abnormal (16 people, 20.51%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 11.54%)
- Atrial fibrillation (8 people, 10.26%)
- Bone loss (7 people, 8.97%)
- Depression (7 people, 8.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (40 people, 51.28%)
- Zometa (40 people, 51.28%)
- Percocet (27 people, 34.62%)
- Vitamin b6 (26 people, 33.33%)
- Norvasc (26 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Aricept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How do you cure tarry, black stools from aricept?
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Stools - Black Or Tarry, and takes Aricept)
I have had very dark, tarry stools since August. It's easy to find warnings about this side effect of Aricept but I have never heard and cannot find any suggestion for curing this condition. I would greatly appreciate knowing any actions that have cured this nuisance in other patients. Thanks in ...
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- What does emphysemic change in the lungs mean (1 answer)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Tramadol)
Doctor told me I have emphysema changes in my lungs.could this be causing my nausea every day all day?
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, Renal Failure - Chronic, Bladder Distension, and takes Pyridoxine, Methylcobalamin, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Gabapentin)
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
More questions for: Aricept, Neuropathy peripheral
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Idiopathic insomnolence (1 response)
(Posted by a 44 year old man who has Insomnolence, Narcolepsy, Iga Nephropathy, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Modafinil)
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Avelox with prednisone and nabumetome = disaster
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Vasculitis, Rhabdomyolysis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Avelox, Prednisone, Nabumetone)
I was prescribed that combination of drugs in January 2013 when I went to my family doctor with a bad chest congestion and painful knees. After starting on the drugs, I got a severely painful neck and thumb and noticed some tingling in my left foot. I took the whole course of the avelox and predniso ...
More reviews for: Aricept, Neuropathy peripheral
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Memory Loss. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
Comments: Patient has an Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and severe memory issues. He has self diagnosed himself as having Dementia (which may be true as well). Is normally verbally abusive and thinks those that do not tolerate or try to put boundaries on his abusive behaviors are "against him". D ...
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Mild Dementia. The patient has
Comments: I had renal transplant 20 years ago. I take immune-suppressant drugs daily. I would not have unprotected sex because of my kidney, and not infect my wife. My step daughter is spreading this lie. My Nephrologists think this is wrong. Can Aricept infect the genitals?
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Celexa, Aricept, Stalevo 200 for a patient with GERD, Depression, Memory Loss, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has
Comments: Parkinson's disease for 14 years. Three back surgeries in three months. Klebseilla infection cured by cleft in IV over three months. Problem, severe hypotension. Even while laying flat. Low RBC count. Gets 2,000 mls fluid daily
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Ranitidine, Detrol La, Klor-con M20, Mevacor, Glucophage, Levothroid, Escitalopram, Aricept for a patient with Arthritis, Blood Thinner, Heartburn And Acid Reflux, Overactive Bladder, Potassium - Low, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Overactive Thyroid, Depression, Confusion. The patient has Detrol La, Severe Confusion,no Appetite,imagination Of Unusal Things
Comments: My mom was admitted to a nursing home 2-weeks ago before that she was held over at the hospital 13 days, meds was changed, Aricept removed and Detrol she had a staff MD. her primary care md passed away 3 years ago. He put her on her meds and tooked good care of her. She has not been without a prima ...
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Namenda, Aricept for a patient with Constipation, Dementia Alzheimer's Type. The patient has Bradycardia, Syncope Vasovagal
Comments: Recurring Vasovagal Episodes (4 times in 4 years) during bowel/intestinal pain and evacuatiom related to moderate to severe constipation. After 4th time, Bradycardia issues continue past the first 24 hours period after episode.
More related studies for: Aricept, Neuropathy peripheral
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.