Review: could Aricept cause Nightmares?
Summary: Nightmares is found among people who take Aricept, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Namenda, and have Dementia.
We study 14,910 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Among them, 93 have Nightmares. Find out below who they are, when they have Nightmares and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aricept and have Nightmares >>>
Aricept has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss. (latest outcomes from Aricept 15,465 users)
Nightmares (unpleasant dreams) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Nightmares 14,120 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 14,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 93 people (0.62%) have Nightmares.
Time on Aricept when people have Nightmares * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nightmares when taking Aricept * :
Age of people who have Nightmares when taking Aricept * :
Severity of Nightmares when taking Aricept ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nightmares ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia (31 people, 33.33%)
- Blood pressure abnormal (23 people, 24.73%)
- Prostatic disorder (22 people, 23.66%)
- Cardiac disorder (20 people, 21.51%)
- Urine flow decreased (19 people, 20.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Namenda (36 people, 38.71%)
- Furosemide (28 people, 30.11%)
- Uroxatral (24 people, 25.81%)
- Avodart (24 people, 25.81%)
- Zetia (23 people, 24.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nightmares while taking Aricept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Nightmares
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Nightmares
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How do you cure tarry, black stools from aricept?
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Stools - Black Or Tarry, and takes Aricept)
I have had very dark, tarry stools since August. It's easy to find warnings about this side effect of Aricept but I have never heard and cannot find any suggestion for curing this condition. I would greatly appreciate knowing any actions that have cured this nuisance in other patients. Thanks in ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does flecainide cause bad dreams (1 answer)
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Bad Dreams, and takes Flecainide Acetate)
I have been taking Flecainide for A.Fib and flutter for a year and a half and it is working extremely well in controlling those problems. However, I seem to have more bad dreams than before I started taking Flecainide. I am wondering if others have experienced the same problem. I also take metrp ...
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Excessive Hunger, and takes Donepezil)
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
More questions for: Aricept, Nightmares
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Ultracent caused nightmare
(Posted by a 17 year old boy who has Nightmare)
I had the worst nightmare I have had since I was a child. Probably the worst one I've had ever. I woke up crying and was thrashing around in my sleep. I'm currently to terrified to move from my bed. Just a fair warning.
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aricept, Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Memory Loss. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
Comments: Patient has an Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and severe memory issues. He has self diagnosed himself as having Dementia (which may be true as well). Is normally verbally abusive and thinks those that do not tolerate or try to put boundaries on his abusive behaviors are "against him". D ...
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a patient with Hyperness Adhd. The patient has Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams)
Comments: My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always under control with the same medication (Depakote) Depakote never gave any side effects. These dreams came on when he started taking methylphenidate er
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of side effects of Simcor for a patient with Hyperlipidemia. The patient has Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams)
Comments: Almost every night I have real bizarre dreams. My dreams have been classified as nightmares by a psychologist (discussions during marriage counseling). I often kick my feet and legs; I sometimes sit bolt upright in bed and wave my arms around. Sometimes I wake up suddenly, frightened and in a physi ...
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Nightmares (unpleasant dreams), Insomnia (sleeplessness), Joint Pain, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Dry Mouth, Feeling Hot And Cold, Dizziness, Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body), Cold Exposure - Extremities (damage is caused to skin and other tissues due to freezing), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Hair Loss, Vision Blurred, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Bystolic was effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, this drug has caused HORRIFIC problems for me. I have never had anything affect me so adversely. I believe that at first I was metabolizing it well, but after a couple of weeks I felt poisoned. It has been 5 months since I stopped ta ...
More related studies for: Aricept, Nightmares
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.