Home > Aricept > Screaming > Aricept and Screaming
Review: could Aricept cause Screaming?
Summary: Screaming is found among people who take Aricept, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Namenda, and have Dementia.
We study 14,907 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Screaming. Find out below who they are, when they have Screaming and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aricept and have Screaming >>>
Aricept (latest outcomes from 15,463 users) has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss.
Screaming (a long loud piercing cry) (latest reports from 2,941 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, asthma, pain.
On Nov, 29, 2014: 14,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 19 people (0.13%) have Screaming.
Time on Aricept when people have Screaming * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Screaming when taking Aricept * :
Age of people who have Screaming when taking Aricept * :
Severity of Screaming when taking Aricept ** :
How people recovered from Screaming ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia (12 people, 63.16%)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (3 people, 15.79%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 10.53%)
- Cognitive disorder (1 people, 5.26%)
- Huntington's disease (1 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Namenda (13 people, 68.42%)
- Exelon (10 people, 52.63%)
- Allegra (8 people, 42.11%)
- Aciphex (3 people, 15.79%)
- Vitamin e (2 people, 10.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Screaming while taking Aricept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Screaming
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Screaming
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Excessive Hunger, and takes Donepezil)
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide (1 answer)
(Asked by a 87 year old woman who has Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, GERD, Dementia, Hypertension, Fractured Hip, Reflux Esophagitis, and takes Metoclopramide, Remeron, Lisinopril, Aricept, Oxycodone Hydrochloride)
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- Does aricept shorten life expectancy? i am a 61 year old women with mild dementia.
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Dementia, and takes Aricept)
I have rcently been diagnosed with mild dementia and have been started on a low dose of aricept (25 mg daily). Will it shorten my life expectancy at all? Is there any research?
More questions for: Aricept, Screaming
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aricept, Screaming
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Memory Loss. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
Comments: Patient has an Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and severe memory issues. He has self diagnosed himself as having Dementia (which may be true as well). Is normally verbally abusive and thinks those that do not tolerate or try to put boundaries on his abusive behaviors are "against him". D ...
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Mild Dementia. The patient has
Comments: I had renal transplant 20 years ago. I take immune-suppressant drugs daily. I would not have unprotected sex because of my kidney, and not infect my wife. My step daughter is spreading this lie. My Nephrologists think this is wrong. Can Aricept infect the genitals?
- A study of drug interactions between Levocarnitine, Quasense, Vimpat, Depakote Cp, Keppra for a patient with Metabolic Acidosis, Birth Control, Seizures. The patient has Throwing Items, Tactile Defensive, Decreased Eye Contact, Fear, Hand Crushing, Screaming
Comments: Person appears fine, very happy, playing with toys, sitting at table eating or sound asleep. Begins to make an "uh" sound. Quickly becomes very upset appearing terrified, moves in general circles reaching for any objects and throwing them with great force. Vocalization increases in volume as person ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Celexa, Aricept, Stalevo 200 for a patient with GERD, Depression, Memory Loss, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has
Comments: Parkinson's disease for 14 years. Three back surgeries in three months. Klebseilla infection cured by cleft in IV over three months. Problem, severe hypotension. Even while laying flat. Low RBC count. Gets 2,000 mls fluid daily
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Ranitidine, Detrol La, Klor-con M20, Mevacor, Glucophage, Levothroid, Escitalopram, Aricept for a patient with Arthritis, Blood Thinner, Heartburn And Acid Reflux, Overactive Bladder, Potassium - Low, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Overactive Thyroid, Depression, Confusion. The patient has Detrol La, Severe Confusion,no Appetite,imagination Of Unusal Things
Comments: My mom was admitted to a nursing home 2-weeks ago before that she was held over at the hospital 13 days, meds was changed, Aricept removed and Detrol she had a staff MD. her primary care md passed away 3 years ago. He put her on her meds and tooked good care of her. She has not been without a prima ...
More related studies for: Aricept, Screaming
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.