Home > Aricept > Sleepiness > Aricept and Sleepiness
Review: could Aricept cause Sleepiness (Drowsiness)?
We study 14,907 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Among them, 615 have Sleepiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepiness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aricept and have Sleepiness >>>
Aricept (latest outcomes from 15,459 users) has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss.
Sleepiness (excess sleeping) (latest reports from 494,664 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 14,905 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 614 people (4.12%) have Sleepiness.
Time on Aricept when people have Sleepiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness when taking Aricept * :
Age of people who have Sleepiness when taking Aricept * :
Severity of Sleepiness when taking Aricept ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleepiness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (229 people, 37.30%)
- Dementia (130 people, 21.17%)
- Hypertension (71 people, 11.56%)
- Depression (53 people, 8.63%)
- Prostatic disorder (39 people, 6.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Namenda (268 people, 43.65%)
- Aspirin (112 people, 18.24%)
- Norvasc (87 people, 14.17%)
- Lasix (69 people, 11.24%)
- Plavix (67 people, 10.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepiness while taking Aricept?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Sleepiness
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Sleepiness
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 years ago):
Was doing fine until urinary track infection. UA showed infection. C + S sent to lab. Cipro prescribed on a Tuesday along with a shot of Rocefin. By nightfall, unstable, unable to walk, unable to stay awake, lethargy, pin point pupils, high fevers unable to control and major confusion. Talking out of head. Thursday returned to doctor. Rocefin given by IV with fluids. UA showed clear of infection. PRevious C + S not in at this time. Friday admitted to hospital and Cipro d/c'ed. C + S showed Cipro resistant. Rocefin given IV with Sodium Chloride IV. Na was down and INR at 1.4 (to thick). After 3 days treatment, more alert, fever gone, awake and no longer confused. Weak but able to stay awake for longer periods and answer questions.
From this study (5 years ago):
Dizziness stopped once drug was no longer taken and Weakness improved slightly. Sleepiness - during the day continues. Only awake - out of bed 3-4 hrs a day.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Aricept, Sleepiness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aricept, Sleepiness
On eHealthMe, Aricept (donepezil hydrochloride) is often used for alzheimer's disease. Find out below the conditions Aricept is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Aricept used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (1 hour ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Wellbutrin Sr (glaxosmithkline) 200mg
- Mentha Lavanduliodora
- Abscess Intestinal
- White Dragon Flower