Home > Aricept > Slurred speech > Aricept and Slurred speech
Review: could Aricept cause Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult))?
Summary: Slurred speech is found among people who take Aricept, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 14,907 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Among them, 218 have Slurred speech. Find out below who they are, when they have Slurred speech and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aricept and have Slurred speech >>>
Aricept (latest outcomes from 15,462 users) has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss.
Slurred speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand) (latest reports from 192,739 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 14,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 218 people (1.46%) have Slurred Speech.
Time on Aricept when people have Slurred speech * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Slurred speech||44.00%||32.00%||0.00%||12.00%||4.00%||8.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Slurred speech when taking Aricept * :
|Slurred speech||68.97%||31.03% |
Age of people who have Slurred speech when taking Aricept * :
|Slurred speech||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.45%||5.88%||4.41%||87.25% |
Severity of Slurred speech when taking Aricept ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Slurred speech||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Slurred speech ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Slurred speech||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (32 people, 14.68%)
- Hypertension (31 people, 14.22%)
- Dementia (25 people, 11.47%)
- Depression (21 people, 9.63%)
- Multiple sclerosis (14 people, 6.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (55 people, 25.23%)
- Namenda (52 people, 23.85%)
- Plavix (27 people, 12.39%)
- Digoxin (26 people, 11.93%)
- Lasix (25 people, 11.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Slurred Speech while taking Aricept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Slurred Speech
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Excessive Hunger, and takes Donepezil)
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
(Asked by a 87 year old woman who has Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, GERD, Dementia, Hypertension, Fractured Hip, Reflux Esophagitis, and takes Metoclopramide, Remeron, Lisinopril, Aricept, Oxycodone Hydrochloride)
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- Does aricept shorten life expectancy? i am a 61 year old women with mild dementia.
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Dementia, and takes Aricept)
I have rcently been diagnosed with mild dementia and have been started on a low dose of aricept (25 mg daily). Will it shorten my life expectancy at all? Is there any research?
More questions for: Aricept, Slurred speech
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Stay away from lisinopril
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Dysarthria, and takes Lisinopril)
I move slowly and talk much slower than I used to. A friend of mine helped me find this site. I was taking 40mg of lisinopril for years when all of a sudden I had painful swelling in hands & feet which finally moved to my face. At that point I got scared and went to the E(mergency) R(oom) after I sa ...
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Pressure In Back Of Head, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue, Balance Disorder, Slurred Speech, Vertigo, and takes Topamax, Amlodipine Besylate)
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Aricept, Slurred speech
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Speech Impairment (adult) (inability to speak (adult)), Depression Aggravated
Comments: I am on 40 mg of Vyvanse . I noticed lately the following issues
If I am in a calm environment , I feel fine but notice I feeling of being normal when I first take it for 2-3 hours and somewhere around the 5-6 hour after taking it, I start to crash and get very impatient with my children if they a ...
- A study of side effects of Plaquenil for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Dysphasia (language disorder marked by deficiency in the generation of speech)
Comments: HI, Ive had hpv for years without any issues. I first had the warts from my husband at the time (31 rs ago) when pregnant. It went away by itself (warts) after i had my son. Ive had paps over the years and always say low risk don't worry very mild form. Well i found out i have ra my ra factor number ...
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Namenda for a patient with Parkinsonism. The patient has Parkinsonism
Comments: Has developed confusion in the evening between 6pm and 10 pm. Am taking namenda at 8 am and 6 pm. Taking donepezil and flomax at 8 pm. Have been taking namenda for 3 months. Since then speech has been lowered and muffled, mostly in the evening also. He is a little unsteady on his feet. Sometim ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Ibuprofen for a patient with Fever. The patient has Henoch-schonlein Purpura, Urine Flow Decreased, Slurred Speech, Leg Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: Mother has made claims of illness for child since age 2. Has said Dr. thinks he has IBS - age 2. May have a liver disease - age 3. Had rashes that cleared up when with us, recurred when returned home. Told husband Dr. said he had Eczema and would have to take medication the rest of his life. Conditi ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Clonazepam, Topamax, Lamictal for a patient with Depression, Seizure - Generalized, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Seizure - Temporal Lobe. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss, Cognitive Deficits, Impairment Of Speech, Memory Impairment, Akathisia
Comments: I have a history of anxiety dating back to childhood. I experienced normal grief reactions and depressive episodes throughout my teenage years, twenties, and thirties. I was diagnosed with a benign meningioma in my left frontal lobe in May, 1998. I was placed on an SSRI, Zoloft, following brain surg ...
More related studies for: Aricept, Slurred speech
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (5 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (1 hour ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (17 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)