Home > Aricept > Slurred speech > Aricept and Slurred speech
Review: could Aricept cause Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult))?
We study 14,907 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Among them, 218 have Slurred speech. Find out below who they are, when they have Slurred speech and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aricept and have Slurred speech >>>
Aricept (latest outcomes from 15,459 users) has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss.
Slurred speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand) (latest reports from 192,656 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 14,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 218 people (1.46%) have Slurred Speech.
Time on Aricept when people have Slurred speech * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Slurred speech||44.00%||32.00%||0.00%||12.00%||4.00%||8.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Slurred speech when taking Aricept * :
|Slurred speech||68.97%||31.03% |
Age of people who have Slurred speech when taking Aricept * :
|Slurred speech||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.45%||5.88%||4.41%||87.25% |
Severity of Slurred speech when taking Aricept ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Slurred speech||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Slurred speech ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Slurred speech||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (32 people, 14.68%)
- Hypertension (31 people, 14.22%)
- Dementia (25 people, 11.47%)
- Depression (21 people, 9.63%)
- Multiple sclerosis (14 people, 6.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (55 people, 25.23%)
- Namenda (52 people, 23.85%)
- Plavix (27 people, 12.39%)
- Digoxin (26 people, 11.93%)
- Lasix (25 people, 11.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Slurred Speech while taking Aricept?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Slurred Speech
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- Does aricept shorten life expectancy? i am a 61 year old women with mild dementia.
I have rcently been diagnosed with mild dementia and have been started on a low dose of aricept (25 mg daily). Will it shorten my life expectancy at all? Is there any research?
- How does aricept compare to exelon for diarrea side effect?
When I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2009 I started on Aricept. After I reached the 10mg. dose I had a very severe case of diarrhea. I want to try a medicine approach again and hope to later add Namenda. I again have started Aricept. If the diarrhea problem with Aricept repeats,should I try Exel ...
- Is donepezil a "safe" drug for people with atrial-fib to take?
I was diagnosed with Atrial-Fib in 2006, soon after my husband died. I have no problems with it and my blood pressure is always normal. I am 89 years old and have been told that I look MUCH younger. I am very active- love dancing, which
I am still able to do. My problem is that recently I found ...
- Can brief use of silver sulfadiazine cream cause severe diarrhea within an hour or 2 of use in an 87 year old man who takes 10 different meds and vitamins?
The patient had surgery to remove a dime-sized squamous cell lesion on his chest as well as a Basel cell lesion on the bridge of his nose. A prescription for Silver Sulfadiazine cream was given.
It was applied on both wounds around 9am. Within 2 hours, he had his first explosion of diarrhea. This c ...
- Cause of speech problems
Since starting on Lansoprazole, 18 months ago, my wife has acquired/developed a speech impairment which manifests itself as an inability to enunciate her chosen word i.e. she knows what word she wants to say but is unable to say it, e.g. she will say soos instead of shoes, pan instead of plan, and s ...
- Are my meds causing this constant tiredness
I am writing for my dad who started aricept lower dosage in December, 2012 and 23 mg. since March, 2013. He is constantly complaining about tiredness. He wakes up and has to lie down until he absolutely has to get up and get on with appointments. Also, he says he's not hungry, but when sitting down ...
More questions for: Aricept, Slurred speech
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Stay away from lisinopril
I move slowly and talk much slower than I used to. A friend of mine helped me find this site. I was taking 40mg of lisinopril for years when all of a sudden I had painful swelling in hands & feet which finally moved to my face. At that point I got scared and went to the E(mergency) R(oom) after I sa ...
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Aricept, Slurred speech
On eHealthMe, Aricept (donepezil hydrochloride) is often used for alzheimer's disease. Find out below the conditions Aricept is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Aricept used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Aricept, Slurred speech
Recent Aricept related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Donepezil for a 71-year old woman who has UTI
- Comparions of Memantine, Donepezil for a 79-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Donepezil Hydrochloride, Modafinil for a 28-year old man who has Focus
- Comparions of Glimepiride, Metformin, Donepezil, Citalopram Hydrobromide, for a 72-year old man who has Frontal Lobe Dementia
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Azilect, Namenda, Aricept for a 78-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Abilify, Namenda, Aricept for a 76-year old man who has Lewy Body Dementia
- Comparions of Midodrine Hydrochloride, Evista, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Namenda for a 80-year old woman who has Dementia Alzheimer's Type
- Comparions of Namenda, Donepezil for a 85-year old woman who has Alzheimers
- Comparions of Aricept, Seroquel for a 73-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Paxil, Toviaz, Donepezil, Namenda Xr for a 88-year old woman who has Confusion
More related comparison studies for: Aricept, Slurred speech
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Megestrol Acetate
- Svt and Prednisolone
- Lamictal and Meningioma Benign
- Adderall and Neuropathy Peripheral
Recent user comments
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (8 minutes ago)
- "The depression has been so severe I didn't know what ... " (1 hour ago)
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (7 hours ago)
- Staph Skin Infection
- Mood Stabilizer
- Lung Abscess