Home > Aricept > Tremor > Aricept and Tremor
Review: could Aricept cause Tremor?
Summary: Tremor is found among people who take Aricept, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Namenda, and have Dementia alzheimer's type.
We study 14,907 people who have side effects while taking Aricept from FDA and social media. Among them, 445 have Tremor. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremor and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aricept and have Tremor >>>
Aricept (latest outcomes from 15,463 users) has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in memory loss.
Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) (latest reports from 70,421 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 14,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Aricept. Among them, 445 people (2.99%) have Tremor.
Time on Aricept when people have Tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tremor when taking Aricept * :
Age of people who have Tremor when taking Aricept * :
Severity of Tremor when taking Aricept ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremor ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dementia alzheimer's type (101 people, 22.70%)
- Dementia (55 people, 12.36%)
- Depression (33 people, 7.42%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 6.29%)
- Multiple sclerosis (24 people, 5.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Namenda (109 people, 24.49%)
- Aspirin (80 people, 17.98%)
- Lexapro (46 people, 10.34%)
- Risperdal (41 people, 9.21%)
- Zoloft (37 people, 8.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tremor while taking Aricept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aricept and have Tremor
- support group for people who take Aricept
- support group for people who have Tremor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Any one with lithium tremors recover after reduction of dosage?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Tremors, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
More than 10 years on Lithium, tremors evident in hands. According to this study, then was no recovery from these types of tremors. Medication reduced by 1/3 to 600 mg. per day. Not sure if the "NO Recovery" was in a group where the dosage was lowered or not? Wanting to to know of long term recov ...
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Excessive Hunger, and takes Donepezil)
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- Has anyone had serious side effects with apenzin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Skin Burning Sensation, Tremor, Foggy Thinking, and takes Aplenzin)
Been on Aplenzin 5 yrs. Not sure its the drug, but hands are burning. Heads feels strange, and I have tremors. Tremors have been for 3 yrs. There saying it could be parkinson's. Could it be by chance the Aplenzin.
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
More questions for: Aricept, Tremor
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Crazy feelings with interesting things
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Tremors, Cant Focus For A Period Of Time, Hearing Voices, and takes Valium)
I am not tired but i can not keep my eyes open.I guess my Brain is tired, not my body. I can not focus on anything for a long period of time and when I try my eyes force close. I begin to hear voices and talk to people who are not present. I am scared so I stopped the meds slowly. Have not taken it ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aricept, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a patient with Memory Loss. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
Comments: Patient has an Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and severe memory issues. He has self diagnosed himself as having Dementia (which may be true as well). Is normally verbally abusive and thinks those that do not tolerate or try to put boundaries on his abusive behaviors are "against him". D ...
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Klonopin, Lamictal, Vyvanse, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Hypertension, Muscle Twitching, Eye Twitch, Memory Loss, Confusional State, Tremor, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Eye Zaps, Eye Redness
Comments: I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Calcium Deficiency, General Ill Feeling, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Tremor
Comments: I have been experiencing some Tremors - shaking of my hands, voice, and facial muscles.
I been taking Tamoxin for the past five years. I also take Calcium and Vitamin D supplements.
I also have a family member with Parkinson's disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Aldactone, Lasix, Metformin, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Birth Control, Insomnia, Migraine, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Depression. The patient has Tremor
Comments: Hand tremors, voi e tremors, noint pain to hips and shoulders, worse on dominate side, severe, unable to feed with fork, have to eat finger foods and drink from a straw. I was taken off wellbutrin had withdraws after 4 days, started back and now have all symptoMs of Parkinson's. Any information is h ...
More related studies for: Aricept, Tremor
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.