Review: could Arimidex cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Arimidex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Flonase, and have Breast cancer.
We study 14,508 people who have side effects while taking Arimidex from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Arimidex and have Fluid retention >>>
Arimidex has active ingredients of anastrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Arimidex 14,949 users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Fluid retention 17,802 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 14,508 people reported to have side effects when taking Arimidex. Among them, 53 people (0.37%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Arimidex when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||12.50%||37.50%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||25.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Arimidex * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.64%||29.79%||59.57% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Arimidex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (24 people, 45.28%)
- Metastases to bone (8 people, 15.09%)
- Pain (7 people, 13.21%)
- Breast cancer female (5 people, 9.43%)
- Cardiac disorder (3 people, 5.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Flonase (11 people, 20.75%)
- Zometa (10 people, 18.87%)
- Coumadin (9 people, 16.98%)
- Nexium (9 people, 16.98%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (9 people, 16.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Arimidex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Arimidex and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Arimidex
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took 20mg fluoxitine daily for 11 years. my doctor increased the dosage to 40mg daily. within 3 weeks time, i started having night sweats. is this due to doubling the dose? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 89 year old woman who has I Also Have Lost Most Of My Hair Since I Started Fluxotine 11 Years Ago. If I Stop It, And Take Something Else, Will My Hair Grow Back/, and takes Arimidex)
Could the generic for ARIMIDEX be a cause for the hair loss as well as the night sweats, instead of the fluxotine?. The doubling of fluxotine & the start of the anastrole both started at about the same time. Which one is mostlikely to be the culprit? I am going to stop one or both of them. I'm 8 ...
- I'm interested in your study on anastrozole. i'm taking it and have so many side effects all in the form of pain. tylenol doesn't help and i can't take nsaids. i've only been on it for three months.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Pain, and takes Anastrozole)
I have bad knee pain, trouble walking, standing, due to pain. Stiff neck. Headache. I live in two story home and stairs are painful to climb. I care for my 97 year old mother and I'm extremely crabby with her. I also work (necessarily) for three hours a day but not every day. I've been on the Anastr ...
- Does yur ankles swell after stopping arimidex (1 answer)
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Breast Cancer In Situ, and takes Arimidex)
I stopped taking it about a year ago, my pulse rate is now below 100 , but my ankles swell, back hurts, bone pain.
- Interaction of arimidex with ginseng
(Asked by a 74 year old woman who has Breast Cancer In Situ, and takes Arimidex, Ginseng, Siberian)
Arimidex is blocking estrogen production, Ginseng is balancing estrogen. Are they interfering with each other?
- Taking arimidex for bc, causes atrial fibrillation, high pulse rate
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Breast Cancer In Situ, and takes Arimidex)
does this cause high pulse rate and heart disease, taken for 3 years
More questions for: Arimidex, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Debilitating side effects of anastrozole
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Stage Iiia Breast Cancer, and takes Anastrozole)
Initial 2 months on anastrozole I felt fine. After the 3rd month, I became depressed. I awakened with
trigger thumb requiring 2 cortisone shots to regain use of my hand! I also experienced burning pain in right shoulder, right bicep, right forearm, right wrist & spasms in right hand, intermittentl ...
More reviews for: Arimidex, Fluid retention
- A study of drug interactions between Anastrozole, Herceptin for a patient with Cancer - Breast, Breast Cancer Her2+. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: Still getting Herceptin after 7 months. Will be finished in March 2015. Began taking the Anastrozole in June of 2014 and will be taking this medication for five years. Two weeks ago started waking up in the middle of the night with numbness and tingling sensation in hands and fingers. It is uncom ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- A study of side effects of Anastrozole for a patient with Breast Cancer Stage I. The patient has Breast Soreness Especially Around Where Lump Was Removed
Comments: I have a slight soreness only in the breast where the lump was removed and especially around where the lump was removed. Sometimes a slight soreness in to lymph area. My surgery was in Sept. 2013 and radiation ended March 5, 2014 and that is when I started Anastrozole. The soreness began about 2- ...
- A study of side effects of Arimidex for a patient with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Throat Irritation
Comments: After I talked to my friend for 3 hours on the phone, I lost my voice and had a sore throat. I usually recover from throat irritation quickly. But this time I have been having a throat irritation for more than 1 month.
- A study of drug interactions between H.p. Acthar Gel, Methotrexate for a patient with Ra. The patient has Infusion Site Discomfort, Shortness Of Breath, No Urge To Urinate Just Leaks Out, Urinary Incontinence, Asthmatic Crisis, Abdominal Distention, Fluid Retention
Comments: My diafram. Feels like its pushing on my lungs but they are clear to doctors check up.
Diagnosed with fatty liver disease during this time due to bloodwork and echo on heart then abdominal ultrasound
Does ra attack liver or is it causing infect ion on an organ white blood cell couny in all thr ...
More related studies for: Arimidex, Fluid retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.