Arimidex and Fluid retention - from FDA reports
Fluid retention is found among people who take Arimidex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Flonase, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Fluid retention with Arimidex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,073 people who have side effects when taking Arimidex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
17,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Arimidex.
Among them, 64 people (0.37%) have Fluid retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Arimidex when people have Fluid retention *:
- < 1 month: 21.43 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.14 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.29 %
- 2 - 5 years: 21.43 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.29 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Arimidex *:
- female: 95.24 %
- male: 4.76 %
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Arimidex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 25.49 %
- 60+: 68.63 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (8 people, 12.50%)
- Pain (7 people, 10.94%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (3 people, 4.69%)
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 3.12%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 3.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (10 people, 15.62%)
- Flonase (10 people, 15.62%)
- Nexium (9 people, 14.06%)
- Fosamax (9 people, 14.06%)
- Aromasin (9 people, 14.06%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (25 people, 39.06%)
- Joint Pain (23 people, 35.94%)
- Breathing Difficulty (20 people, 31.25%)
- Osteoarthritis (12 people, 18.75%)
- Hair Loss (12 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Fluid retention when taking Arimidex?
- Check symptoms - is fluid retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFluid retention and drugs with ingredients of anastrozole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFluid retention and Arimidex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Arimidex has active ingredients of anastrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Arimidex 17,910 users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,870 Fluid retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Arimidexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Fluid retentionFluid retention
Could your condition cause Fluid retentionFluid retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi! I've been taking Diltiazem for 2 weeks now and noticed some swelling in my ankles and feet. Should I be concerned? It's Friday and to late to call my Dr. And want to make sure I'll be ok till Monday. Thanks!