Review: could Arimidex cause Heart pounding or racing (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Heart pounding or racing is found among people who take Arimidex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 14,520 people who have side effects while taking Arimidex from FDA and social media. Among them, 172 have Heart pounding or racing. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart pounding or racing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Arimidex and have Heart pounding or racing >>>
Arimidex has active ingredients of anastrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 14,964 Arimidex users)
Heart pounding or racing
Heart pounding or racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,179 Heart pounding or racing patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 14,520 people reported to have side effects when taking Arimidex. Among them, 172 people (1.18%) have Heart Pounding Or Racing.
Time on Arimidex when people have Heart pounding or racing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart pounding or racing||28.00%||28.00%||12.00%||4.00%||28.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Heart pounding or racing when taking Arimidex * :
|Heart pounding or racing||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.94%||36.42%||56.65% |
Severity of Heart pounding or racing when taking Arimidex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart pounding or racing||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart pounding or racing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart pounding or racing||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (61 people, 35.47%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (29 people, 16.86%)
- Blood cholesterol (27 people, 15.70%)
- Aortic valve incompetence (25 people, 14.53%)
- Haemorrhage (25 people, 14.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (85 people, 49.42%)
- Aredia (75 people, 43.60%)
- Dilaudid (45 people, 26.16%)
- Calcium (43 people, 25.00%)
- Neurontin (42 people, 24.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of arimidex and heart pounding or racing on
Do you have Heart Pounding Or Racing while taking Arimidex?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Arimidex and have Heart Pounding Or Racing
- support group for people who take Arimidex
- support group for people who have Heart Pounding Or Racing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 32-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin Extended Release for a 68-year old woman with Diverticulitis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a 21-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Heart Palpitations
Recent Arimidex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.