Review: could Arimidex cause Ms (Multiple sclerosis)?
Summary: Ms is reported only by a few people who take Arimidex.
We study 14,508 people who have side effects while taking Arimidex from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Ms. Find out below who they are, when they have Ms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Arimidex and have Ms >>>
Arimidex has active ingredients of anastrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Arimidex 14,949 users)
Ms (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) has been reported by people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Ms 221,573 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 14,505 people reported to have side effects when taking Arimidex. Among them, 4 people (0.03%) have Ms.
Time on Arimidex when people have Ms * :
Age of people who have Ms when taking Arimidex * :
Severity of Ms when taking Arimidex ** :
How people recovered from Ms ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (3 people, 75.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Betaseron (2 people, 50.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Neurontin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Paxil (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ms while taking Arimidex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Arimidex and have Ms
- support group for people who take Arimidex
- support group for people who have Ms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- I'm interested in your study on anastrozole. i'm taking it and have so many side effects all in the form of pain. tylenol doesn't help and i can't take nsaids. i've only been on it for three months.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Pain, and takes Anastrozole)
I have bad knee pain, trouble walking, standing, due to pain. Stiff neck. Headache. I live in two story home and stairs are painful to climb. I care for my 97 year old mother and I'm extremely crabby with her. I also work (necessarily) for three hours a day but not every day. I've been on the Anastr ...
- Does yur ankles swell after stopping arimidex
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Breast Cancer In Situ, and takes Arimidex)
I stopped taking it about a year ago, my pulse rate is now below 100 , but my ankles swell, back hurts, bone pain.
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Is it safe for me to take ginkgo biloba with gabapentin (neurontin)?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
i also take Neurontin (Naprosyn) 500 mg 2 times a day and the gabapentin (Neurontin) usually 3 times a day.
More questions for: Arimidex, Ms
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Debilitating side effects of anastrozole
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Stage Iiia Breast Cancer, and takes Anastrozole)
Initial 2 months on anastrozole I felt fine. After the 3rd month, I became depressed. I awakened with
trigger thumb requiring 2 cortisone shots to regain use of my hand! I also experienced burning pain in right shoulder, right bicep, right forearm, right wrist & spasms in right hand, intermittentl ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Arimidex, Ms
- A study of drug interactions between Anastrozole, Herceptin for a patient with Cancer - Breast, Breast Cancer Her2+. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: Still getting Herceptin after 7 months. Will be finished in March 2015. Began taking the Anastrozole in June of 2014 and will be taking this medication for five years. Two weeks ago started waking up in the middle of the night with numbness and tingling sensation in hands and fingers. It is uncom ...
- A study of side effects of Anastrozole for a patient with Breast Cancer Stage I. The patient has Breast Soreness Especially Around Where Lump Was Removed
Comments: I have a slight soreness only in the breast where the lump was removed and especially around where the lump was removed. Sometimes a slight soreness in to lymph area. My surgery was in Sept. 2013 and radiation ended March 5, 2014 and that is when I started Anastrozole. The soreness began about 2- ...
- A study of side effects of Arimidex for a patient with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Throat Irritation
Comments: After I talked to my friend for 3 hours on the phone, I lost my voice and had a sore throat. I usually recover from throat irritation quickly. But this time I have been having a throat irritation for more than 1 month.
- A study of drug interactions between Verapamil Hydrochloride, Calcium, Lyrica, Ritalin, Ambien, Spironolactone, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Arimidex for a patient with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Osteopenia, Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypertension, Breast Cancer. The patient has Pain Exacerbated, Shortness Of Breath, Insomnia, Brain Fog, Disabilitating Fatigue
Comments: I has an undiagnosed pain syndrome for 6 years.
Developed breast cancer and received treatment including Arimidrex.
Now with debilitating fatigue and need to keep legs up in chair 23/7. Not able to do simple personal tasks.
It's been 5 years since cancer treatment!
- A study of drug interactions between Arava, Methotrexate, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel, Stelara for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis, Psoriasis. The patient has Ms
Comments: Stopped stelara for 5 months. Started arava had severe psoriasis outbreak.
Restarted Stelara. I've had two episodes of ms symptoms. Had tremors for 2 months. A year later both legs numb and tingling for 3 months and stopped.
More related studies for: Arimidex, Ms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.