Review: could Arimidex cause Pulmonary hypertension?
Summary: Pulmonary hypertension is found among people who take Arimidex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 14,520 people who have side effects while taking Arimidex from FDA and social media. Among them, 62 have Pulmonary hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Pulmonary hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Arimidex and have Pulmonary hypertension >>>
Arimidex has active ingredients of anastrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 14,961 Arimidex users)
Pulmonary hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, depression, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 25,857 Pulmonary hypertension patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 14,520 people reported to have side effects when taking Arimidex. Among them, 62 people (0.43%) have Pulmonary Hypertension.
Time on Arimidex when people have Pulmonary hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pulmonary hypertension||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Pulmonary hypertension when taking Arimidex * :
|Pulmonary hypertension||3.12%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||7.81%||17.19%||65.62% |
Severity of Pulmonary hypertension when taking Arimidex ** :
How people recovered from Pulmonary hypertension ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (23 people, 37.10%)
- Pain (12 people, 19.35%)
- Metastases to bone (7 people, 11.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 11.29%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 8.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (36 people, 58.06%)
- Aredia (29 people, 46.77%)
- Faslodex (23 people, 37.10%)
- Lovenox (22 people, 35.48%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 32.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pulmonary Hypertension while taking Arimidex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Arimidex and have Pulmonary Hypertension
- support group for people who take Arimidex
- support group for people who have Pulmonary Hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Lasix for a 34-year old man with Fluid Retention. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Arimidex for a 53-year old woman with Joint Aches, Breast Cancer. The patient has Ringing In The Ears, Vertigo
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D, Ranitidine, Ondansetron, Tramadol, Anastrozole for a 32-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Heartburn, Nausea, Pain - Back, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Sore Throat, Runny Nose
- A study of side effects of Anastrozole for a 68-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Cough At Times Chronic, Feels Like Something Is Choking Me When I Talk , Eat
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
Recent Arimidex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.