Review: could Arimidex cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Arimidex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 14,508 people who have side effects while taking Arimidex from FDA and social media. Among them, 755 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Arimidex and have Shortness of breath >>>
Arimidex has active ingredients of anastrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Arimidex 14,949 users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness Of Breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.(latest reports from Shortness Of Breath 164,498 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 14,505 people reported to have side effects when taking Arimidex. Among them, 755 people (5.21%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Arimidex when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||17.50%||22.50%||2.50%||7.50%||32.50%||17.50%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Arimidex * :
|Shortness of breath||0.56%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||5.93%||33.47%||51.69% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Arimidex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (334 people, 44.24%)
- Metastases to bone (138 people, 18.28%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (136 people, 18.01%)
- Hypertension (65 people, 8.61%)
- Pain (48 people, 6.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (427 people, 56.56%)
- Aredia (274 people, 36.29%)
- Faslodex (198 people, 26.23%)
- Tamoxifen citrate (196 people, 25.96%)
- Taxotere (194 people, 25.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Arimidex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Arimidex and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Arimidex
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took 20mg fluoxitine daily for 11 years. my doctor increased the dosage to 40mg daily. within 3 weeks time, i started having night sweats. is this due to doubling the dose? (1 answer)
Could the generic for ARIMIDEX be a cause for the hair loss as well as the night sweats, instead of the fluxotine?. The doubling of fluxotine & the start of the anastrole both started at about the same time. Which one is mostlikely to be the culprit? I am going to stop one or both of them. I'm 89 yrs old and gonna die from something, and I don't want it to be the medication I'm taking to try and destroy the estrogen still being produced in this old body even though I no longer have my female organs. Also
my AST Liver function increased higher than normal by 9 points after I took it only 2 weeks. Would
this hormone cause that too?
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my eyes front for head and temples (I have also had a warming sensation in the back of head and thought body here and there that no one can explain to me ) but I have been subscribed fioricet but I'm a chronic asthmatic so I take albuterol inhaler and some times solution for my neb I read that these 2 can have interation and I been feeling shortness of breath which I know can be a side effect from fioricet but I do take my inhaler daily and I want to check if anyone has been in same situation and if there were any interactions
- I'm interested in your study on anastrozole. i'm taking it and have so many side effects all in the form of pain. tylenol doesn't help and i can't take nsaids. i've only been on it for three months.
I have bad knee pain, trouble walking, standing, due to pain. Stiff neck. Headache. I live in two story home and stairs are painful to climb. I care for my 97 year old mother and I'm extremely crabby with her. I also work (necessarily) for three hours a day but not every day. I've been on the Anastrozole for three months. Do I need to continue the Anastrozole? My score for how aggressive my breast cancer was came back a "three."
- Does yur ankles swell after stopping arimidex (1 answer)
I stopped taking it about a year ago, my pulse rate is now below 100 , but my ankles swell, back hurts, bone pain.
- I have been taking iophen cnr liquid for about 6 years now almost every day and now i'm wondering if it has any long term side effects cause im taking it for breathing problems doesnt seem to working
Ok so I've been taking this medicine for 5 to 6 years now almost every day several times a day for a terrible cough I have and breathing issue but under some further investigation I've found that this medication may be making my breathing issues worse when I was told that it would make them better. It's been several years and I just want to be able to breathe normally and Easily again but this "medicine" doesn't seem to be doing the job
More questions for: Arimidex, Shortness of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in my tush...250mg each...for a total of 500mg monthly. Tomorrow, Monday November 17, 2014, will be my third round...not including the month of loading. As per my PET scan one month ago...the Faslodex has not started working. From everything I have been told...and read...it takes four to even six rounds to start working...if in fact it works at all.....@%^&*@#...says it all...if ya know what I mean.
What has kicked in from Faslodex...are some horrific side effects......About a month ago...I started having a strange little cough...dry...most of the time.....At times the cough becomes uncontrollable for aprox 15 / 20 minutes...then calms. NOTHING works at relieving it...although I suck down water like it is my last drink on earth...and use a wonderful...soothing throat drop, Halls Breezers...Cool Berry...which eases me...even if it is only psychologically, it is magical. The cough has gotten considerably worse over time...and for those that don't know me...I am sure they think I smoke ten packs a day. My voice is also affected at times due to the cough. My breathing is horrific...and I can no longer walk for any length of time...or for more than a short distance.....Nor can I walk and talk without coughing...and or losing my breath. Stamina...this I have none of!!! And this past week...the shit hit the fan.....Joining the cough...are bone and joint pains...as well as muscle pain. When I called my doctor...@ Sloan Kettering...I spoke with the nurse...and she had not a damn clue as to what might help. As a matter of fact...she told me that she has never heard of any of the side effects that I am now having. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???? EVERYTHING!!! However...when I check reputable sites...I find not a few...but hundreds of other people with the same side effects.
From what I have read on all the sites...the only way "WE" are going to get help with issues like these...is by sharing with one another. Not one of the individuals that I speak of has had any positive help with their side effects from their doctors. Am I pissed off??? You bet I am. As for depression...that only comes in small doses for me.....like yesterday...when my body hurt me so badly...my cough was out of control...I had difficulty breathing...and I could not stand on my own two feet without holding on. That moment in time has passed...but for how long??? What will I be hit with next??? When???
- Debilitating side effects of anastrozole
Initial 2 months on anastrozole I felt fine. After the 3rd month, I became depressed. I awakened with
trigger thumb requiring 2 cortisone shots to regain use of my hand! I also experienced burning pain in right shoulder, right bicep, right forearm, right wrist & spasms in right hand, intermittently. I had intense pressure in my right groin extending to my right knee along my varicose vein causing it to dilate. I could not walk for more than ten minutes and even standing was difficult. Anastrozole was d/c'd and am now on exemestane. Symptoms persist but to a much lesser degree. Appointments with a physical therapist for the groin problem are alleviating the pressure.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Arimidex, Shortness of breath
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- I have used oxycodone, methodone, Ibuprofen, tylenol and i have symptoms of back and stomache aches, headaches, weakness, and shortness of breath. I know i have luekopenia i was told by the Dr i seen at emergency.
- i have had breathlessness for about 7 weeks now, i have had an ecg and tested for asthma and both came back normal. it all started from doing weights in the gym and the breathlessness is affecting my active life.
- I have copd and also take symbicort and spireva for the copd. I am on Metropolol
and isosorbide and was prescribed 80 mg Lipitor daily. The stiff hear was diagnosed after the Lipitor was prescribed.
- Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
More related studies for: Arimidex, Shortness of breath
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.