Review: could Arimidex cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Arimidex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 14,520 people who have side effects while taking Arimidex from FDA and social media. Among them, 83 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Arimidex and have Weight loss >>>
Arimidex has active ingredients of anastrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from 14,961 Arimidex users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,305 Weight loss patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 14,516 people reported to have side effects when taking Arimidex. Among them, 83 people (0.57%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Arimidex when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Arimidex * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.53%||7.59%||32.91%||56.96% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Arimidex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (24 people, 28.92%)
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 24.10%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (16 people, 19.28%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 18.07%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 7.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (44 people, 53.01%)
- Compazine (32 people, 38.55%)
- Keflex (31 people, 37.35%)
- Naproxen (30 people, 36.14%)
- Neurontin (29 people, 34.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of arimidex and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Arimidex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Arimidex and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Arimidex
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Akineton, Risperidone for a 73-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Salivary Gland Mass, Restlessness, Weight Loss, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Clonazepam, Azathioprine, Zorvolex, Humira for a 42-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhea, Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Lasix for a 34-year old man with Fluid Retention. The patient has Back Pain
Recent Arimidex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.