Home > Arixtra > Osteoporosis > Arixtra and Osteoporosis
Review: could Arixtra cause Osteoporosis?
Summary: Osteoporosis is reported only by a few people who take Arixtra.
We study 6,325 people who have side effects while taking Arixtra from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Osteoporosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Osteoporosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Arixtra and have Osteoporosis >>>
Arixtra (latest outcomes from 6,359 users) has active ingredients of fondaparinux sodium. It is often used in deep venous thrombosis.
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) (latest reports from 112,545 patients) has been reported by people with osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 6,325 people reported to have side effects when taking Arixtra. Among them, 3 people (0.05%) have Osteoporosis.
Time on Arixtra when people have Osteoporosis * :
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Arixtra * :
Age of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Arixtra * :
Severity of Osteoporosis when taking Arixtra ** :
How people recovered from Osteoporosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (2 people, 66.67%)
- Pain (2 people, 66.67%)
- Nausea (2 people, 66.67%)
- Metastases to bone (2 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Morphine sulfate (2 people, 66.67%)
- Dyazide (2 people, 66.67%)
- Coumadin (2 people, 66.67%)
- Augmentan oral (2 people, 66.67%)
- Ibuprofen (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoporosis while taking Arixtra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Arixtra and have Osteoporosis
- support group for people who take Arixtra
- support group for people who have Osteoporosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take ibuprofen with acronel
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Actonel)
I have pain in my pain and tail bone. pain in the tail bone related to a fall,
pain in my spine related to osteoporosis.
- Effective treatment for adult scoliosis
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Scoliosis, Arthritus, Osteoporosis, Bursitis, and takes Robaxin, Boniva, Mobic)
Even with these medications I have muscle spasms in my back, neck, shoulders and leg pain that makes it hard to walk. I don't understand because 2 years ago I was healthy, string, active.
- I have bipolar disorder and adhd and take nuvigil for the adhd and on occasion take lunesta for sleep. anybody else take this combination and what side effects or effects in general have you noticed?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Renal Failure, Stage 3, Primary Hypothyroidism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Osteoporosis, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, and takes Cymbalta, Lexapro, Lamictal, Latuda, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lunesta, Nuvigil, Maxide, Multivitamin)
I'm anxious about any untoward drug interactions. I can't take stimulants because of a history of abuse. I take Nuvgil for my ADHD and it's the first time I can concentraate in years! I can't believe how much easier it is to organize, get things done, and read. Plus it helps the chronic fatigue I ...
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Glaucoma, Macular Hole, and takes Forteo)
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
- If your daughter had 3.6mm fibroadenoma would you have it removed?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Intractable Seizure Disorder, Mental Retardation, Cerebral Palsy, Osteoporosis, Fibroadenoma, and takes Depakote, Carbatrol, Klonopin, Acetazolamide, Calcium)
My daughter is 27 yrs. old on a 2 yr old level. She is on Depo Provera inj. to "stop" that time of month due to the seizures that are promoted from the hormone changes. When she was 16 yrs. old she had a 5 lumps in her breast and we thought that the injection was a problem. We took a "holiday" from ...
More questions for: Arixtra, Osteoporosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Fosamax)
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, and takes Paxil)
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Arixtra, Osteoporosis
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Magnesium, Garlic, Fish Oil, Topamax for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Sleep Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine. The patient has Osteoporosis, Swelling Of A Joint, Face Pain, Migraine, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- A study of drug interactions between Arixtra, Vagifem, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Spironolactone, Rapamune, Tacrolimus, Sodium Pentobarbital, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Lorazepam, Furosemide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Cozaar, Vitamin B12, Buspar, ASA for a patient with Blood Disorder, Vaginal Disorder, Low Level Of Vitamin D, Depression, Renal Failure - Chronic, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Seizure - Grand Mal, Cardiac Flutter, Hypokalaemia, Gerd, Post-traumatic Syndrome, Renal Failure Chronic/ Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypertension, Pre-existing Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Stent. The patient has
Comments: I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Sinemet, Klonopin, Arixtra for a patient with Asthma, Parkinsonian Gait, Sleep Disorder, Dvt. The patient has Weight Gain
Comments: I had a dvt and pe within 4 months of a previous one. I was on warfarin and within therapeutic range when I had my last pe. I was put on Arixtra and almost immediately I gained about 20 pounds around my waist. My waist size went from 32 inches to 36 inches within a matter of a few months. I have tri ...
- A study of side effects of Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Back Pain. The patient has Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break)
Comments: I have neurofibromatosis. Tumors in the spine causing pain. I had a full hysterectomy 33 year s ago and could not take hormones due to the effect on my tumors. I have been taking calcium meds for 20 years and rye last for the past 3 years with no slowing down on calcium deletion in my bones.
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Arimidex, Arimidex for a patient with Breast Cancer Stage I. The patient has Pelvic Kidney, Degenerative Joint Disease, Osteoporosis
Comments: I was on this drug for 18 months and had horrendous bone pains, heterogeneous liver, did not have osteoporosis before I took it, whilst taking it developed it, and degenerative disc disease, heterogeneous liver which cleared up after stopping a year early, and lost my kidney that rapidly decreased.
More related studies for: Arixtra, Osteoporosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.