Review: could Artane cause Tardive dyskinesia?
Summary: Tardive dyskinesia is found among people who take Artane, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Risperdal, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 2,294 people who have side effects while taking Artane from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Tardive dyskinesia. Find out below who they are, when they have Tardive dyskinesia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Artane and have Tardive dyskinesia >>>
Artane has active ingredients of trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 2,337 Artane users)
Tardive dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements) has been reported by people with indigestion, abdominal distension, bipolar disorder, depression, gastrointestinal disorder. (latest reports from 23,259 Tardive dyskinesia patients)
On Mar, 10, 2015: 2,294 people reported to have side effects when taking Artane. Among them, 45 people (1.96%) have Tardive Dyskinesia.
Time on Artane when people have Tardive dyskinesia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tardive dyskinesia||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Tardive dyskinesia when taking Artane * :
|Tardive dyskinesia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.15%||15.15%||21.21%||24.24%||24.24% |
Severity of Tardive dyskinesia when taking Artane ** :
How people recovered from Tardive dyskinesia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (16 people, 35.56%)
- Depression (6 people, 13.33%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 13.33%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 8.89%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (18 people, 40.00%)
- Seroquel (17 people, 37.78%)
- Zyprexa (12 people, 26.67%)
- Cogentin (12 people, 26.67%)
- Depakote (11 people, 24.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tardive Dyskinesia while taking Artane?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Artane and have Tardive Dyskinesia
- support group for people who take Artane
- support group for people who have Tardive Dyskinesia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Viibryd for a 36-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity), Abnormal Weight Gain, Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements), Anxiety And Stress
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Metformin, Clonazepam, Lexapro, Lamictal, Abilify, Horizant for a 55-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes, Anxiety, Unipolar Depression, Bipolar, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Tardive Dyskinesia
- A study of side effects of Parnate for a 75-year old man with Depression. The patient has Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements)
- A study of side effects of Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 63-year old man with Spasmodic Torticollis. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)
- A study of side effects of Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman with Dystonia. The patient has Depression
Recent Artane related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Cogentin, Artane for a 31-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Botox, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Artane, Ativan for a 43-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride (Watson Labs) - 2MG for a 59-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride, Haloperidol (Mylan) - 5MG, Diazepam, Perphenazine (Vintage Pharms) - 16MG, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride for a 30-year old man who has Antipsychotic Drug Level
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.