Review: could Artane cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Artane, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Schizophrenia.
We study 2,294 people who have side effects while taking Artane from FDA and social media. Among them, 97 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Artane and have Weight gain >>>
Artane has active ingredients of trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 2,337 Artane users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 2,294 people reported to have side effects when taking Artane. Among them, 97 people (4.23%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Artane when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Artane * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||2.74%||8.22%||17.81%||31.51%||34.25%||5.48% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Artane ** :
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (20 people, 20.62%)
- Anxiety (17 people, 17.53%)
- Depression (17 people, 17.53%)
- Bipolar disorder (15 people, 15.46%)
- Extrapyramidal disorder (10 people, 10.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (39 people, 40.21%)
- Risperdal (32 people, 32.99%)
- Paxil (29 people, 29.90%)
- Seroquel (25 people, 25.77%)
- Navane (21 people, 21.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of artane and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Artane?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Artane and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Artane
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
Recent Artane related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Cogentin, Artane for a 31-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Botox, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Artane, Ativan for a 43-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride (Watson Labs) - 2MG for a 59-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride, Haloperidol (Mylan) - 5MG, Diazepam, Perphenazine (Vintage Pharms) - 16MG, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride for a 30-year old man who has Antipsychotic Drug Level
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.