Review: could Arthrotec cause Fibromyalgia syndrome (Fibromyalgia)?
Summary: Fibromyalgia syndrome is found among people who take Arthrotec, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have Pain.
We study 5,530 people who have side effects while taking Arthrotec from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Fibromyalgia syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Fibromyalgia syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Arthrotec and have Fibromyalgia syndrome >>>
Arthrotec has active ingredients of diclofenac sodium; misoprostol. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from 5,782 Arthrotec users)
Fibromyalgia syndrome (constant pain in their muscles and soft tissues) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, depression, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 27,040 Fibromyalgia syndrome patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 5,530 people reported to have side effects when taking Arthrotec. Among them, 27 people (0.49%) have Fibromyalgia Syndrome.
Time on Arthrotec when people have Fibromyalgia syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fibromyalgia syndrome||16.67%||50.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fibromyalgia syndrome when taking Arthrotec * :
|Fibromyalgia syndrome||96.30%||3.70% |
Age of people who have Fibromyalgia syndrome when taking Arthrotec * :
|Fibromyalgia syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.55%||50.00%||13.64%||31.82% |
Severity of Fibromyalgia syndrome when taking Arthrotec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fibromyalgia syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fibromyalgia syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (7 people, 25.93%)
- Fibromyalgia (5 people, 18.52%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (4 people, 14.81%)
- Neck pain (4 people, 14.81%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 14.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (8 people, 29.63%)
- Neurontin (6 people, 22.22%)
- Vioxx (5 people, 18.52%)
- Trazodone hcl (5 people, 18.52%)
- Claritin (4 people, 14.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of arthrotec and fibromyalgia syndrome on
Do you have Fibromyalgia Syndrome while taking Arthrotec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Arthrotec and have Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- support group for people who take Arthrotec
- support group for people who have Fibromyalgia Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atenolol, Vitamin B12 for a 58-year old woman with Low Egfr, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Oesophagitis Ulcerative, Diverticulitis Intestinal, Fibromyalgia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Nexium, Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Truvada, Isentress, Clonazepam for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Gerd, Depression, Bipolar 2, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Dry Eyes
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 38-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Foot Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Pregabalin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Butrans for a 29-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Fatigue, Irritability, Back Pain - Low, Frequent Headaches, Eustachian Tube Patulous
Recent Arthrotec related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.