Home > Asacol > Lupus > Asacol and Lupus
Review: could Asacol cause Lupus (Systemic lupus erythematosus)?
Summary: Lupus is found among people who take Asacol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Imuran, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 7,363 people who have side effects while taking Asacol from FDA and social media. Among them, 95 have Lupus. Find out below who they are, when they have Lupus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Asacol and have Lupus >>>
Asacol (latest outcomes from 7,722 users) has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis.
Lupus (any of various ulcerous skin diseases) (latest reports from 12,502 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 7,360 people reported to have side effects when taking Asacol. Among them, 95 people (1.29%) have Lupus.
Time on Asacol when people have Lupus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Lupus when taking Asacol * :
Age of people who have Lupus when taking Asacol * :
Severity of Lupus when taking Asacol ** :
How people recovered from Lupus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (35 people, 36.84%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (29 people, 30.53%)
- Crohn's disease (23 people, 24.21%)
- Autoimmune hepatitis (19 people, 20.00%)
- Acne (12 people, 12.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Imuran (57 people, 60.00%)
- Prednisone (51 people, 53.68%)
- Demerol (45 people, 47.37%)
- Plaquenil (35 people, 36.84%)
- Nexium (33 people, 34.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lupus while taking Asacol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Asacol and have Lupus
- support group for people who take Asacol
- support group for people who have Lupus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has anyone ever had numbness in the feet that was caused by taking asacol, and did anyone ever find out that it somehow blocks the absorption of vitamin b in some way?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Asacol)
I have had some numbness in my right foot for a long time due to a broken foot that was set wrong and now sits in my shoes strangely, causing some pain and numbness and swelling. However, recently I've had some numbness in my left foot. After seeing a neurologist on a different matter, she indicat ...
- What causes it? and why is it so painful?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Lupus, Shoulder Pain, and takes Plaquenil, Diclofenac Potassium)
I can lift my arm out in front of me but not out to the side!! The diclofenac doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on benlysta?
- I have got ulcerative collits
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Pentasa)
hi I have had ulcerative colitis since 2007 I have been taking solfalk, during that time
two years ago a dr gave me pentasa suppository I have been using it for 2 years since that time I developed chloasma (melasma) and my hair is thinning could this medicine be effecting it.
I was fine when ...
More questions for: Asacol, Lupus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Amoxicillin)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Apriso skin reaction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Redness And Burning Face Mimic Rosacea, Allergic Sinusitis, and takes Apriso)
Began the Apriso late September 2013. Within a couple of weeks had symptoms of a constantly runny nose and sinus pressure. By mid-November 2013, I began have redness of cheeks and nose. Then a progression of the redness with small red swollen blood vessels to surface. There was a burning. Special ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Transient psychosis in indomethacin
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Transient Psychosis, Lupus, and takes Indomethacin)
I had taken indomethacin infrequently for years for joint pain but never for more than 2 weeks in a row. One night, when I had been taking it daily for about 2 weeks, I had a bout of psychosis approximately 1/2 hour after ingesting the indomethacin at bedtime. I just waited it out, and in about 5- ...
More reviews for: Asacol, Lupus
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Celexa, Copaxone, Ativan, Pentasa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse, Anxiety Disorder, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Myalgia, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Nerve Pain, Pain - Muscles
Comments: Was put on simvastatin for 5 days, when severe pain hit. Was taken off of it immediately. Put on steriods. SED rate elevated. Prednisone helped just a little, but when weaning down, pain got worse. It has been 6 weeks off medication.
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Followed Up Drug After Cipro And Flagil Post Diverticulitis.. The patient has Lupus (any of various ulcerous skin diseases)
Comments: Lupus, severe following 7 days on Avelox. Hospitalized for 28 days at two different hospitals before a diagnosis was made at Duke University hospital. Discharged and diagnosis was made a few days later, once all the test results were back. Rheumatoligist has been treating past eight months for Lup ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Bextra for a patient with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The patient has Vertigo, Boils, Babies And Heat Rashes, Liver Disease, Nail Toxicity, Fatigue - Chronic, Vitamin D Deficiency, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hair Loss, Subcutaneous, Muscle Function Loss, Bone Loss, Inflammation, Immune System Disorder, Heart Murmurs And Other Sounds, Kidney Disease, Lupus, Lymphopenia, Dermatomyositis
Comments: I am recovering from reconstructive facial surgery and fat transfer due to the loss of subcutaneous fat loss. I am waiting for authorization to have surgery for the injury of my buttocks. I have Doctor reports confirming Celebrex is the cause for all my injuries.
- A study of drug interactions between Neoral, Plaquenil, Rhinocort, Symbicort, Xyzal, Humira, Remicade, Lyrica, Calcium, Vitamin D, Omeprazole, Dipentum, Asacol, Pentasa, Escitalopram, Prednisone for a patient with Lupus, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma, Ulcerative Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Osteopenia, Ulcer - Stomach, Depression. The patient has Autoimmune Disorder, Joint Warmth, Asthma, Colitis Ulcerative, Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant s ...
More related studies for: Asacol, Lupus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.