Home > Asacol > Lupus-like syndrome > Asacol and Lupus-like syndrome
Review: could Asacol cause Lupus-like syndrome?
We study 7,360 people who have side effects while taking Asacol from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Lupus-like syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Lupus-like syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Asacol and have Lupus-like syndrome >>>
Asacol (latest outcomes from 7,721 users) has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis.
Lupus-like syndrome (a disease symptom matches with lupus an immune disease) (latest reports from 10,902 patients) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 24, 2014: 7,360 people reported to have side effects when taking Asacol. Among them, 48 people (0.65%) have Lupus-like Syndrome.
Time on Asacol when people have Lupus-like syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lupus-like syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lupus-like syndrome when taking Asacol * :
|Lupus-like syndrome||76.92%||23.08% |
Age of people who have Lupus-like syndrome when taking Asacol * :
|Lupus-like syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||10.81%||10.81%||45.95%||16.22%||13.51% |
Severity of Lupus-like syndrome when taking Asacol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lupus-like syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Lupus-like syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lupus-like syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (33 people, 68.75%)
- Colitis ulcerative (9 people, 18.75%)
- Arthralgia (2 people, 4.17%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 4.17%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 2.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Remicade (40 people, 83.33%)
- Imuran (11 people, 22.92%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 14.58%)
- Prednisone tab (4 people, 8.33%)
- Methotrexate (4 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lupus-like Syndrome while taking Asacol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Asacol and have Lupus-like Syndrome
- support group for people who take Asacol
- support group for people who have Lupus-like Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has anyone ever had numbness in the feet that was caused by taking asacol, and did anyone ever find out that it somehow blocks the absorption of vitamin b in some way?
I have had some numbness in my right foot for a long time due to a broken foot that was set wrong and now sits in my shoes strangely, causing some pain and numbness and swelling. However, recently I've had some numbness in my left foot. After seeing a neurologist on a different matter, she indicat ...
- I have got ulcerative collits
hi I have had ulcerative colitis since 2007 I have been taking solfalk, during that time
two years ago a dr gave me pentasa suppository I have been using it for 2 years since that time I developed chloasma (melasma) and my hair is thinning could this medicine be effecting it.
I was fine when ...
- Does lialda creates a erectal disfunction
My sex drive is not there now and I'll been taking lialda for 2 months
- Since lasix i have severe bouts with mylar rash plus lupus type symptoms. being treated for lupus. related to lasix?
My biggest concern is, will the Lupus syndrome symptoms go away with the cessation of the lasix?
- Remicade or ulcerative colitis causing joint pain?
Im also on mesalamine, 6 mp and trazadone. Ive had joint pain in elbow before but i realised it was caused by taking cortenema. I stoped the med and pain went away. After my first infusion of remicade (2days) i started with the knee, ankle, elbows , wrists and hands pain. The more i do. The worst ...
- Does long use of mesalmine cause diarrhea and is there alternative med?
I have Crohn's, they removed 2 strictures last year in lower intestine, now have building up of lower ileum and rectum so on Hydrocortisone Enema every other day.
Frequent diarrhea of 7 - 10 times daily but have been off Mesalamine for 2 weeks and now diarrhea is greatly reduced. Have not told doct ...
- Trying to see if there a link between extended use of pentasa for crohn's and its aspirin base causing bleeding hemorrhoids and low blood counts resulting in multiple myeloma
I have had Crohn's since I was 13. I was given Pentasa for my condition for 10 years. In December of 1999 I had messed of surgery at the Cleveland Clinic which resulted in multiple surgeries because of surgical errors. I believe that long term use of the drug causing bleeding hemorrhoids lowering m ...
- What is the best way to tell if you have pancreatitis?
Colonoscopy and Endoscopy were clear. Endoscopy capsule show very little inflammation. It did show something pressing on the outside wall of the intestine. I am worried about something wrong with my pancreas. Still having bouts if diarrhea and pretty bad pain. Doctor says not enough inflammation in ...
- Can bell's palsy occur after a pulmonary embolsim
I had a pulmonary embolism in March this year. Clots were found in both lungs. Since then I have had extreme pain on my left side under my breast which radiates downwards on breathing deeply.I was told this would go away with time but hasn't. I get pain in my back directly behind the area in the fro ...
More questions for: Asacol, Lupus-like syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Apriso skin reaction
Began the Apriso late September 2013. Within a couple of weeks had symptoms of a constantly runny nose and sinus pressure. By mid-November 2013, I began have redness of cheeks and nose. Then a progression of the redness with small red swollen blood vessels to surface. There was a burning. Special ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
More reviews for: Asacol, Lupus-like syndrome
On eHealthMe, Asacol (mesalamine) is often used for ulcerative colitis. Find out below the conditions Asacol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Asacol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Asacol, Lupus-like syndrome
Recent Asacol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Para - Aminobenzoic Acid, Lialda for a 28-year old woman who has Crohns
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Mesalamine for a 65-year old man who has X-ray
- Comparions of Loperamide Hydrochloride, Lialda for a 31-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Folic Acid, Apriso for a 30-year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Tamiflu, Lialda for a 30-year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Pentasa, Miralax, Prilosec, Keppra for a 8-year old girl who has Seizure - Absence
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Clonazepam, Azathioprine, Pentasa, Entocort Ec for a 34-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Thalomid, Mesalamine, Colchicine, Remicade for a 26-year old man who has Behcet's Syndrome
- Comparions of Dipentum, Asacol, Imuran, Remicade for a 62-year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Tarka, Asacol for a 44-year old woman who has Tension
More related comparison studies for: Asacol, Lupus-like syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.