Review: could Aspirin cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure.
We study 161,220 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 744 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,607 Aspirin users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain. (latest reports from 28,938 Anaphylaxis patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 161,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 744 people (0.46%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Aspirin when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Aspirin * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (88 people, 11.83%)
- Asthma (26 people, 3.49%)
- Prophylaxis (26 people, 3.49%)
- Back pain (23 people, 3.09%)
- Bronchitis (21 people, 2.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (83 people, 11.16%)
- Lisinopril (79 people, 10.62%)
- Simvastatin (75 people, 10.08%)
- Amlodipine (58 people, 7.80%)
- Plavix (55 people, 7.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aspirin and anaphylaxis on
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Progesterone, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol, Plavix for a 64-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal, Heart Mri. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Clonidine for a 63-year old woman with Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Double Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Lysine, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Fish Oil, Garlic, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Lipitor, Ambien, Celexa, Keppra for a 65-year old man with General Physical Condition, Canker Sores And Fever Blisters, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Sleepy, Depression, Seizures. The patient has Seizure - Generalized
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Aspirin, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Naproxen, Aspirin, Ibuprofen for a 55-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of ADVIL, Aspirin for a 51-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.