Review: could Aspirin cause Blood in stool?
Summary: Blood in stool is reported only by a few people who take Aspirin.
We study 161,246 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Blood in stool. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood in stool and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Blood in stool >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,640 Aspirin users)
Blood in stool
Blood in stool has been reported by people with irritable bowel syndrome, ill-defined disorder, depression, weight loss, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 3,192 Blood in stool patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 161,246 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 5 people (0.00%) have Blood In Stool.
Time on Aspirin when people have Blood in stool * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood in stool||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Blood in stool when taking Aspirin * :
|Blood in stool||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Blood in stool when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood in stool||25.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood in stool ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood in stool||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinus congestion (1 people, 20.00%)
- Multi-vitamin maintenance (1 people, 20.00%)
- Heart rate increased (1 people, 20.00%)
- Low back pain (1 people, 20.00%)
- Cold sore (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrochlorothiazide (2 people, 40.00%)
- Nitroglycerin (1 people, 20.00%)
- Prevacid (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lopid (1 people, 20.00%)
- Klonopin (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aspirin and blood in stool on
Do you have Blood In Stool while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Blood In Stool
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Blood In Stool
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Zyrtec Allergy, Levetiracetam for a 54-year old man with Aneurysm - Aortic, Allergy, Post Procedural Haemorrhage.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Vitamins, Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Heart Attack, Arthritis, General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Periodontal Disease, Periodontal Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Aspirin, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Naproxen, Aspirin, Ibuprofen for a 55-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of ADVIL, Aspirin for a 51-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.