Aspirin and Brain damage - from FDA reports
Brain damage is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Folic Acid, and have Diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Brain damage with Aspirin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 310,334 people who have side effects when taking Aspirin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
310,334 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin.
Among them, 26 people (0.01%) have Brain damage
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Brain damage when taking Aspirin *:
- female: 30.77 %
- male: 69.23 %
Age of people who have Brain damage when taking Aspirin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 5 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 60 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Diabetes (5 people, 19.23%)
- Sinus Headache (3 people, 11.54%)
- Vitamin Supplementation (2 people, 7.69%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 7.69%)
- Anticoagulant Therapy (2 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Folic Acid (6 people, 23.08%)
- Humalog (5 people, 19.23%)
- Prevacid (4 people, 15.38%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 15.38%)
- Lipitor (4 people, 15.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (7 people, 26.92%)
- Breathing Difficulty (7 people, 26.92%)
- Hypoglycemia (5 people, 19.23%)
- Feeling Abnormal (5 people, 19.23%)
- Consciousness - Decreased (5 people, 19.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Brain damage when taking Aspirin?
- Check symptoms - is brain damage caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBrain damage and drugs with ingredients of aspirin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBrain damage and Aspirin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Aspirin 317,734 users)
Brain damage has been reported by people with depression, pain, arthritis, ill-defined disorder, back pain (latest reports from 1,010 Brain damage patients).
Browse all side effects of Aspirina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Brain damageBrain damage
Could your condition cause Brain damageBrain damage
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking 75mg of Aspirin since my heart attack on the 6th December 2016. I have had pain on swallowing for three months, I changed from dispersable to enteric coated a month ago, at first that was fine but now the pain has returned. The only other drug I am is Ticagrelor with ends in ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
I have been a diabetic type 2 for almost 12 years. As time goes by I suffered a heart attack and a stroke therefore all the medications listed. Recently, I noticed an pain in the leg accompamied by extreme muscle stiffness on the feet
User reviews to the study
I have been off this medicine for 6 yrs after taking 12-18 months to wean off it granule by granule. It was horrible. Side effects are still present include lucid dreams, emotion swings, etc. Beware-side effects that never leave
after being on a low dose of thorazine i developed parkinsonism symptons as well as tardive dystonia. after stopping treatment fell into treatment resistant depression. worst depression of my life. previous meds that had worked for me no longer work. after 1 and a half years running out of ...