Review: could Aspirin cause Chest tightness or pressure (Chest pain)?
Summary: Chest tightness or pressure is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Plavix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 161,220 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 7,440 have Chest tightness or pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest tightness or pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Chest tightness or pressure >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,607 Aspirin users)
Chest tightness or pressure
Chest tightness or pressure has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,773 Chest tightness or pressure patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 161,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 7,440 people (4.61%) have Chest Tightness Or Pressure.
Time on Aspirin when people have Chest tightness or pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest tightness or pressure||47.50%||13.75%||4.58%||10.42%||5.00%||12.50%||6.25% |
Age of people who have Chest tightness or pressure when taking Aspirin * :
|Chest tightness or pressure||0.12%||0.03%||0.19%||0.68%||3.39%||12.01%||23.54%||60.03% |
Severity of Chest tightness or pressure when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest tightness or pressure||9.52%||57.14%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest tightness or pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest tightness or pressure||5.00%||15.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (843 people, 11.33%)
- Pain (435 people, 5.85%)
- Multiple myeloma (423 people, 5.69%)
- Osteoporosis (391 people, 5.26%)
- Prophylaxis (341 people, 4.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Plavix (1,610 people, 21.64%)
- Lipitor (1,354 people, 18.20%)
- Lisinopril (1,317 people, 17.70%)
- Lasix (1,265 people, 17.00%)
- Digoxin (1,011 people, 13.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aspirin and chest tightness or pressure on
Do you have Chest Tightness Or Pressure while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Chest Tightness Or Pressure
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Chest Tightness Or Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a 75-year old man with Blood Thinner. The patient has My Fingers Go White And Cold
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Lexapro, Nuvigil for a 47-year old woman with Tia, Anger, Fatigue. The patient has Hair Texture Abnormal
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin for a 22-year old man with UTI. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 64-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Coronary Artery Occlusion, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Plavix, Eliquis for a 89-year old man with Blood Clots. The patient has Cancer - Stomach, Abdominal Pain, Bloating, Nausea
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Aspirin, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Naproxen, Aspirin, Ibuprofen for a 55-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of ADVIL, Aspirin for a 51-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.