Review: could Aspirin cause Chest tightness or pressure?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 146,419 people who take Aspirin. Among them, 7,431 have Chest tightness or pressure. See who they are, when they have Chest tightness or pressure and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Aspirin (latest outcomes from 164,096 users) has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots, heart attack. Commonly reported side effects of Aspirin include breathing difficulty, weakness, dyspnoea exacerbated, nausea, nausea aggravated.
Chest tightness or pressure
Chest tightness or pressure (latest reports from 894,232 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 146,419 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 7,431 people (5.08%) have Chest Tightness Or Pressure.
Time on Aspirin when people have Chest tightness or pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest tightness or pressure||48.05%||13.85%||4.33%||10.39%||5.19%||11.69%||6.49% |
Age of people who have Chest tightness or pressure when taking Aspirin * :
|Chest tightness or pressure||0.13%||0.03%||0.19%||0.68%||3.34%||12.01%||23.55%||60.07% |
Severity of Chest tightness or pressure when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest tightness or pressure||9.09%||54.55%||36.36%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest tightness or pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest tightness or pressure||0.00%||7.69%||92.31% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (841 people, 11.32%)
- Pain (435 people, 5.85%)
- Multiple myeloma (423 people, 5.69%)
- Osteoporosis (391 people, 5.26%)
- Prophylaxis (341 people, 4.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Plavix (1,610 people, 21.67%)
- Lipitor (1,353 people, 18.21%)
- Lisinopril (1,315 people, 17.70%)
- Lasix (1,264 people, 17.01%)
- Digoxin (1,011 people, 13.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Aspirin, Chest tightness or pressure
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Aspirin (aspirin) is often used for blood clots. Find out below the conditions Aspirin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Aspirin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Aspirin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Aspirin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
My ears keep popping and I have bubble head.
From this study (2 months ago):
intermittant chest pressure, intermittant headaches
From this study (2 months ago):
I have been taking Vitamin D for about 10 days. I have an upset stomach about 3 hours after taking
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Aspirin, Chest tightness or pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aspirin, Chest tightness or pressure
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Gabapentin, Oxcarbazepine for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The patient has Chest Tightness Or Pressure (Chest pain), Headache, Coordination Impairment (Movement - uncoordinated), Joint Pain, Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing), Flu (The flu)
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Crestor for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Chest Tightness Or Pressure (Chest pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Soluble Fiber, Melatonin, Naproxen, Aspirin, Calcium, Vitamin D, Lyrica, Micardis Hct, Crestor, Glyburide, Metformin, Omeprazole for a patient with Constipation, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Cardiovascular Disorder, Secondary Hyperparathyroidism, Diabetic Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Stomach Pain. The patient has Muscle Cramps, Chest Pain, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling)
More related studies for: Aspirin, Chest tightness or pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.