Review: could Aspirin cause Dry skin?
Summary: Dry skin is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 161,198 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 582 have Dry skin. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry skin and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aspirin and have Dry skin >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,583 Aspirin users)
Dry skin has been reported by people with acne, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 15,326 Dry skin patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 161,198 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 582 people (0.36%) have Dry Skin.
Time on Aspirin when people have Dry skin * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry skin||5.56%||27.78%||27.78%||27.78%||5.56%||0.00%||5.56% |
Age of people who have Dry skin when taking Aspirin * :
|Dry skin||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.94%||1.89%||8.49%||20.75%||67.92% |
Severity of Dry skin when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry skin||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry skin ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry skin||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (84 people, 14.43%)
- Multiple myeloma (48 people, 8.25%)
- Angiogram (48 people, 8.25%)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging brain (36 people, 6.19%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (33 people, 5.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (110 people, 18.90%)
- Magnevist (96 people, 16.49%)
- Lipitor (94 people, 16.15%)
- Epogen (93 people, 15.98%)
- Plavix (84 people, 14.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Aspirin and dry skin on
Do you have Dry Skin while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Dry Skin
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Dry Skin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Valium for a 57-year old man with Pain - Shoulder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a 54-year old woman with Arthritis. The patient has Skin - Dry, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
- A study of drug interactions between Quercetin-3-rhamnoglucoside, Aspirin, Bystolic, Avodart for a 72-year old man with Bph, Heart Disease, Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Omeprazole for a 69-year old man with Jet Lag, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Ativan, Lisinopril, Zoloft, Simvastatin, Janumet for a 64-year old woman with Heartburn Prevention, Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Aspirin, Lipitor for a 65-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Aspirin, Potassium Citrate for a 63-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.