Review: could Aspirin cause Hiatus hernia (Hiatal hernia)?
Summary: Hiatus hernia is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 161,220 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 907 have Hiatus hernia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hiatus hernia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Hiatus hernia >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,607 Aspirin users)
Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 11,359 Hiatus hernia patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 161,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 907 people (0.56%) have Hiatus Hernia.
Time on Aspirin when people have Hiatus hernia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hiatus hernia||20.00%||10.00%||20.00%||10.00%||13.33%||13.33%||13.33% |
Age of people who have Hiatus hernia when taking Aspirin * :
|Hiatus hernia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.53%||0.93%||10.53%||16.27%||71.73% |
Severity of Hiatus hernia when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hiatus hernia||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hiatus hernia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hiatus hernia||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (133 people, 14.66%)
- Osteoporosis (73 people, 8.05%)
- Metastases to bone (62 people, 6.84%)
- Hypertension (59 people, 6.50%)
- Breast cancer (53 people, 5.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (434 people, 47.85%)
- Aredia (271 people, 29.88%)
- Lipitor (252 people, 27.78%)
- Lisinopril (251 people, 27.67%)
- Prilosec (233 people, 25.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Aspirin and hiatus hernia on
Do you have Hiatus Hernia while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Hiatus Hernia
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Hiatus Hernia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Aspirin for a 55-year old man with Enlarged Prostate, Heartburn Prevention. The patient has Splinter Hemorrhages
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Valium for a 57-year old man with Pain - Shoulder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Quercetin-3-rhamnoglucoside, Aspirin, Bystolic, Avodart for a 72-year old man with Bph, Heart Disease, Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Omeprazole for a 69-year old man with Jet Lag, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Aspirin, Lipitor for a 65-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Aspirin, Potassium Citrate for a 63-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.