Review: could Aspirin cause Hiatus hernia (Hiatal hernia)?
Summary: Hiatus hernia is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 161,246 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 907 have Hiatus hernia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hiatus hernia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Hiatus hernia >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,631 Aspirin users)
Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 11,359 Hiatus hernia patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 161,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 907 people (0.56%) have Hiatus Hernia.
Time on Aspirin when people have Hiatus hernia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hiatus hernia||20.00%||10.00%||20.00%||10.00%||13.33%||13.33%||13.33% |
Age of people who have Hiatus hernia when taking Aspirin * :
|Hiatus hernia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.53%||0.93%||10.53%||16.27%||71.73% |
Severity of Hiatus hernia when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hiatus hernia||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hiatus hernia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hiatus hernia||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (133 people, 14.66%)
- Osteoporosis (73 people, 8.05%)
- Metastases to bone (62 people, 6.84%)
- Hypertension (59 people, 6.50%)
- Breast cancer (53 people, 5.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (434 people, 47.85%)
- Aredia (271 people, 29.88%)
- Lipitor (252 people, 27.78%)
- Lisinopril (251 people, 27.67%)
- Prilosec (233 people, 25.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aspirin and hiatus hernia on
Do you have Hiatus Hernia while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Hiatus Hernia
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Hiatus Hernia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Chlorthalidone, Loratadine, Advair Diskus 250/50, Tramadol for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Hay Fever, Asthma, Arthritis Bacterial. The patient has Multiple Allergies, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a 71-year old man with Blood Thinner. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Zyrtec Allergy, Levetiracetam for a 54-year old man with Aneurysm - Aortic, Allergy, Post Procedural Haemorrhage.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Vitamins, Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Heart Attack, Arthritis, General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Periodontal Disease, Periodontal Disease
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Aspirin, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Naproxen, Aspirin, Ibuprofen for a 55-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of ADVIL, Aspirin for a 51-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.