Home > Aspirin > Leg cramps > Aspirin and Leg cramps
Review: could Aspirin cause Leg cramps (Leg pain)?
Summary: Leg cramps is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Plavix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 161,113 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Leg cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aspirin and have Leg cramps >>>
Aspirin (latest outcomes from 164,495 users) has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots.
Leg cramps (latest reports from 1,000 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 161,113 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 15 people (0.01%) have Leg Cramps.
Time on Aspirin when people have Leg cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg cramps||15.38%||7.69%||15.38%||0.00%||30.77%||7.69%||23.08% |
Age of people who have Leg cramps when taking Aspirin * :
|Leg cramps||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||33.33%||40.00% |
Severity of Leg cramps when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg cramps||20.00%||46.67%||20.00%||13.33% |
How people recovered from Leg cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (5 people, 33.33%)
- Heart attack (4 people, 26.67%)
- High blood cholesterol (3 people, 20.00%)
- Asthma (2 people, 13.33%)
- Heart disease congenital (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Plavix (5 people, 33.33%)
- Fish oil (2 people, 13.33%)
- Januvia (2 people, 13.33%)
- Simvastatin (2 people, 13.33%)
- Glipizide (2 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Leg Cramps while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Leg Cramps
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Leg Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can high dose aspirin cause joint pain like arthritis?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Arthritis, and takes Aspirin)
Told by Cardiologist to take 300mg aspirin daily and anti coagulant, both for about 1 year following insertion of stent, and because of 60% blockage on another unstented artery. Now getting joint pains like arthritis.
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- Did anyone have flu like symptoms and body aches along with leg (calf muscle) pain while on chantix, if so did you stop taking it?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has ExtremeTiredness, Leg Pain, Body Acches, Influenza Like Illness)
Morning after eating and I take the pill, with in 20 mins I feel so sick, don't vomit,just feel so sick and my legs hurt so bad and I just get so tired and sleepy I can't hardly do anything for a few hours. Same thing in the evenings....I have a 4 hour window of actually feeling good per day. Oh and ...
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Vertigo, Confusion, Loss Of Memory, Fatigue, and takes Folic Acid, Imitrex, Cialis, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor)
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
More questions for: Aspirin, Leg cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Concerned and worried
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Had Triple Bypass And On , and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Perindopril Erbumine, Aspirin)
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to b ...
- Reaction to methylpred
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness, and takes Baby Aspirin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride)
I have a severe case of poison ivy for which I was given Prednisone. Still suffering 1 week later went back to doctor (was at 2x/day at that point) and was then put on methylpred 4mg PAK. Today is my second day on this. First noted tingling on my insides in my trunk area this morning, later in arms ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has CHF, Tendon Rupture, Central Nervous System Inflammation, Peripheral Circulatory Failure, Acid Reflux, Insomnia, Peripheral Nerve Destruction, Tinnitus, PTSD, and takes Levaquin In Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Rocephin, Prednisone, Aspirin, Tylenol, Megace, Ambien, Valium)
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Short-Term Memory Loss, Hyperlipidaemia, and takes Zopiclone, Donepezil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Q10, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aspirin, Leg cramps
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Blood Cholesterol, Elevated Mood, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes)
Comments: After taking Lipitor, then taking Crestor combined with Niaspan, I began to feel muscle and joint pain. Doctor decided to check my CK levels and found them to be highly elevated and told me to stop taking everything and to drink lots of water.Muscle biopsy was inconclusive but showed some symptoms o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Metformin, Glyburide, Bystolic, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Diabetic Coma, Blood Pressure Increased, A-fib. The patient has Leg Cramping, Weakness
Comments: I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- A study of drug interactions between Estradiol Valerate, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Ramipril, Aminophyllin for a patient with Menorrhagia, Chd, Tmj Disorders. The patient has Menorrhagia, Tmj Disorders
Comments: had 1 MRI 1 ct on head, awaiting 2nd MRI concentrating on tmj,
had menorrhagia for 2 yrs tried various hormone pills and no change. Had marina coil and clamavil since July 2014 still having periods with clots,
have osteopenia too. T5 T6 diminished in spine,
TMJ much worse when menstruating and m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pentazocine Injection, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Losartan, Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Motor Dysfunction, Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Heart Block Congenital, Anxiety Disorder, Thyroid Mass, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain In Right Arm, Pain Exacerbated, Nausea, Hypothyroidic Goitre, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Decreased Appetite, Blood Test Abnormal, Heartbeat Sensations, Low Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness, Back Pain - Low, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Aspirin, Leg cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.