Review: could Aspirin cause Leg cramps (Leg pain)?
Summary: Leg cramps is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Plavix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 161,220 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Leg cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Leg cramps >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,607 Aspirin users)
Leg cramps has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 1,090 Leg cramps patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 161,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 16 people (0.01%) have Leg Cramps.
Time on Aspirin when people have Leg cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg cramps||14.29%||7.14%||14.29%||7.14%||28.57%||7.14%||21.43% |
Age of people who have Leg cramps when taking Aspirin * :
|Leg cramps||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||0.00%||0.00%||18.75%||37.50%||37.50% |
Severity of Leg cramps when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg cramps||18.75%||43.75%||25.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Leg cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg cramps||0.00%||9.09%||90.91% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (5 people, 31.25%)
- Heart attack (4 people, 25.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (3 people, 18.75%)
- Diabetes (3 people, 18.75%)
- Fluid retention (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Plavix (5 people, 31.25%)
- Crestor (3 people, 18.75%)
- Glipizide (2 people, 12.50%)
- Januvia (2 people, 12.50%)
- Fish oil (2 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Aspirin and leg cramps on
Do you have Leg Cramps while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Leg Cramps
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Leg Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Aspirin for a 55-year old man with Enlarged Prostate, Heartburn Prevention. The patient has Splinter Hemorrhages
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Valium for a 57-year old man with Pain - Shoulder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Quercetin-3-rhamnoglucoside, Aspirin, Bystolic, Avodart for a 72-year old man with Bph, Heart Disease, Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Omeprazole for a 69-year old man with Jet Lag, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Aspirin, Lipitor for a 65-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Aspirin, Potassium Citrate for a 63-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.