Review: could Aspirin cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Plavix, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 161,246 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,523 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Nose bleeds >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,640 Aspirin users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,997 Nose bleeds patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 161,246 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 1,523 people (0.94%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Aspirin when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||33.33%||21.74%||5.80%||7.97%||16.67%||11.59%||2.90% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Aspirin * :
|Nose bleeds||0.14%||0.57%||1.07%||0.43%||2.14%||5.69%||14.02%||75.94% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nose bleeds||11.76%||52.94%||35.29%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||9.09%||90.91% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (165 people, 10.83%)
- Hypertension (163 people, 10.70%)
- Prophylaxis (101 people, 6.63%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (68 people, 4.46%)
- Osteoporosis (62 people, 4.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Plavix (320 people, 21.01%)
- Coumadin (253 people, 16.61%)
- Lasix (194 people, 12.74%)
- Simvastatin (186 people, 12.21%)
- Lisinopril (179 people, 11.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Vitamins, Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Heart Attack, Arthritis, General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Periodontal Disease, Periodontal Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Aspirin, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Naproxen, Aspirin, Ibuprofen for a 55-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of ADVIL, Aspirin for a 51-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.