Review: could Aspirin cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Digoxin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 161,220 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,160 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Palpitations >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,607 Aspirin users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,228 Palpitations patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 161,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 2,162 people (1.34%) have Palpitations.
Time on Aspirin when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Aspirin * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (197 people, 9.11%)
- Atrial fibrillation (158 people, 7.31%)
- Osteoporosis (125 people, 5.78%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (85 people, 3.93%)
- Depression (78 people, 3.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (520 people, 24.05%)
- Lipitor (430 people, 19.89%)
- Lasix (358 people, 16.56%)
- Lisinopril (333 people, 15.40%)
- Plavix (316 people, 14.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aspirin and palpitations on
Do you have Palpitations while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pomegranate Extract for a 44-year old woman with Just Need Extra Good Nutrition From It.. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Cipro Hc for a 58-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 60-year old man with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Valium for a 57-year old man with Pain - Shoulder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Aspirin, Lipitor for a 65-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Aspirin, Potassium Citrate for a 63-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.