Review: could Aspirin cause Palpitations?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 27, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 146,419 people who take Aspirin. Among them, 1,966 have Palpitations. See who they are, when they have Palpitations and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Aspirin (latest outcomes from 164,096 users) has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots, high blood pressure. Commonly reported side effects of Aspirin include breathing difficulty, weakness, dyspnoea exacerbated, nausea, nausea aggravated.
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 303,986 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Feb, 23, 2014: 146,419 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 1,968 people (1.34%) have Palpitations.
Time on Aspirin when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Aspirin * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (173 people, 8.79%)
- Atrial fibrillation (155 people, 7.88%)
- Osteoporosis (117 people, 5.95%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (78 people, 3.96%)
- Depression (71 people, 3.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (513 people, 26.07%)
- Lipitor (413 people, 20.99%)
- Lasix (349 people, 17.73%)
- Lisinopril (314 people, 15.96%)
- Plavix (310 people, 15.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Aspirin, Palpitations
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Aspirin (aspirin) is often used for blood clots. Find out below the conditions Aspirin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Aspirin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Aspirin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Aspirin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
I have had missed beats and palpitations for 40 years and the doctors say there is nothing wrong with my heart. Echo gram shows slightly enlarged atrium. Symptoms are worse when lying down and often keep me awake at night. During the day I don't notice them as much but they start to be noticeable in the late afternoon. As the night wears on they decrease and are not there in the morning.I take all the above drugs at different times of the day and the vitamins in the morning.
From this study (6 months ago):
I have had intermitant heart palpitations over the past 10-15 years, but they have dramatically increased in the past few months.
From this study (6 months ago):
I was sleeping on my left side and suddenly my heart beat was very noticeable and fast, every two or three beats it would actually beat faster for a short series and start again. This went on for an hour and gradually subsided until I fell asleep. I had taken two aspirins which I take occasionally to get some relief from arthritis pain in my joints. I am overweight and recently started walking about 20 minutes twice a day.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Aspirin, Palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Fenofibrate allergy and gall bladder problems
Took fenofibrate for about 9 months to treat high cholesterol, it lowered total from 250 down to 175 along with lowered triglycerides and LDL. After 6 months started having allergy and cold flu symptoms along with heart palpitations. Allergies caused sore throat, fluid behind ear,and sinus congest ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aspirin, Palpitations
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin E, Garlic, Multivitamin, Plant Sterols, Magnesium, Calcium Carbonate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Nadolol And Bendroflumethiazide, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a patient with Blood Thinner, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Increased, Bone Density Decreased, High Blood Sugar, Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat (Heart palpitations)
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, ASA, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Omega 6, Omega-3, Calcium Magnesium Inositol Hexaphosphate, Multivitamin, CoQ10, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril, Nexium for a patient with Anxiety, Jet Lag, Healthy Living, Health, Osteopenia, General Physical Condition, Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a patient with Arthritis. The patient has Cough, Dizziness, Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
More related studies for: Aspirin, Palpitations
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.