Review: could Aspirin cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Niaspan, and have High blood pressure.
We study 161,220 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 7,100 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Skin rash >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,607 Aspirin users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,504 Skin rash patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 161,198 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 7,099 people (4.40%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Aspirin when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||47.47%||19.84%||4.28%||5.45%||10.89%||9.34%||2.72% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Aspirin * :
|Skin rash||0.13%||0.36%||0.33%||1.25%||2.74%||9.86%||20.69%||64.63% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||14.63%||63.41%||19.51%||2.44% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||3.57%||3.57%||92.86% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (831 people, 11.71%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (575 people, 8.10%)
- Pain (421 people, 5.93%)
- Prophylaxis (376 people, 5.30%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (337 people, 4.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (1,204 people, 16.96%)
- Lipitor (973 people, 13.71%)
- Lisinopril (955 people, 13.45%)
- Plavix (809 people, 11.40%)
- Simvastatin (690 people, 9.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aspirin and skin rash on
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Valium for a 57-year old man with Pain - Shoulder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Quercetin-3-rhamnoglucoside, Aspirin, Bystolic, Avodart for a 72-year old man with Bph, Heart Disease, Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of side effects of Flovent Hfa for a 58-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Rash (redness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Sertraline for a 53-year old man with Blood Pressure Decreased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Lip Dry, Burning Eyes, Rash Generalised
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Aspirin, Lipitor for a 65-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Aspirin, Potassium Citrate for a 63-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.