Review: could Aspirin cause Stomach pain?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 2, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 146,419 people who take Aspirin. Among them, 3,566 have Stomach pain. See who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Aspirin (latest outcomes from 164,096 users) has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots, high blood pressure. Commonly reported side effects of Aspirin include breathing difficulty, weakness, dyspnoea exacerbated, nausea, nausea aggravated.
Stomach pain (latest reports from 606,410 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, acupuncture and pain.
On Feb, 18, 2014: 146,285 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 3,295 people (2.25%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Aspirin when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||26.81%||18.12%||5.07%||10.14%||13.77%||15.22%||10.87% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Aspirin * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.33%||0.56%||1.39%||4.16%||8.89%||20.42%||64.24% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||4.17%||50.00%||37.50%||8.33% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (347 people, 10.53%)
- Pain (213 people, 6.46%)
- Multiple myeloma (172 people, 5.22%)
- Diabetes mellitus (168 people, 5.10%)
- Prophylaxis (158 people, 4.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (622 people, 18.88%)
- Lipitor (604 people, 18.33%)
- Lisinopril (556 people, 16.87%)
- Plavix (478 people, 14.51%)
- Simvastatin (419 people, 12.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Aspirin, Stomach pain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Aspirin (aspirin) is often used for blood clots. Find out below the conditions Aspirin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Aspirin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Aspirin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Aspirin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
I had a mild food poisoning or something that seemed Iike that, and it lasted for 2 days then improved. I was feeling ok for a few days and then started having stomach pains after eating and especially when walking or moving.. In the evenings it will become bloated and I would feel lightly nauseous when I was walking home, but as soon as I lay down it calmed down. I had these symptoms for 2 weeks and end of 2nd week I started having fever in the evenings.. Sometimes really bad and sometimes moderate.. And shortly after I had Erythema nodosum appeared. Now I have fever almost all the time and feel generally unwell with joint pains and fatigue and a slight dry cough appeared especially when I'm trying to draw air in quickly.. I went to the doctor and he didn't really ask for any of the symptoms just prescribed me antibiotics for 30 days based on erythema nodosum diagnosis.. No further tests or anything like that. I am interested to know if it's a legitimate practice or should I seek more tests to determine the exact cause and if there is any link with my stomach condition (it has improved by the way with the change in my diet- no caffeine, no dairy, no gluten and no alcohol or sugar) thanks!
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.
From this study (4 months ago):
slight pain just under sternum, slightly to right.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Aspirin, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Aspirin, Stomach pain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral (Arteriovenous malformation - cerebral), Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head (Headache), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Dizziness, Restlessness (Agitation), Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a patient with Heart Disease. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Warfarin Sodium, Aspirin, Zocor, Lisinopril, Potassium Iodide, Lasix, Metoprolol Tartrate, Humalog, Levemir, Nexium, Zantac for a patient with Blood Thinner, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Replenishing Potassium Levels With Use Of Lasix, Edema, Auricular Fibrillation, Diabetes, Gerd. The patient has Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Acid Reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Fatigue
More related studies for: Aspirin, Stomach pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.