Review: could Aspirin cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 161,220 people who have side effects while taking Aspirin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,577 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aspirin and have Stomach pain >>>
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 164,607 Aspirin users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 78,069 Stomach pain patients)
On Mar, 18, 2015: 161,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin. Among them, 3,577 people (2.22%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Aspirin when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||24.22%||15.53%||6.21%||13.04%||16.15%||14.29%||10.56% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Aspirin * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.49%||0.58%||1.53%||4.06%||8.61%||20.23%||64.51% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Aspirin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||2.78%||52.78%||33.33%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||5.88%||11.76%||82.35% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (363 people, 10.15%)
- Pain (224 people, 6.26%)
- Multiple myeloma (184 people, 5.14%)
- Prophylaxis (172 people, 4.81%)
- Diabetes mellitus (172 people, 4.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (630 people, 17.61%)
- Lipitor (627 people, 17.53%)
- Lisinopril (573 people, 16.02%)
- Plavix (492 people, 13.75%)
- Nexium (439 people, 12.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aspirin and stomach pain on
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Aspirin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Aspirin and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Aspirin
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Aspirin for a 55-year old man with Enlarged Prostate, Heartburn Prevention. The patient has Splinter Hemorrhages
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 51-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a 34-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain
Recent Aspirin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Aspirin, Lipitor for a 65-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Aspirin, Potassium Citrate for a 63-year old man who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.