Aspirin and Tinnitus - from FDA reports
Tinnitus is found among people who take Aspirin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Tinnitus with Aspirin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 299,149 people who have side effects when taking Aspirin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 08, 2017
299,149 people reported to have side effects when taking Aspirin.
Among them, 1,200 people (0.4%) have Tinnitus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aspirin when people have Tinnitus *:
- < 1 month: 58.82 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.61 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.88 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.92 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.92 %
- 10+ years: 7.84 %
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Aspirin *:
- female: 53.65 %
- male: 46.35 %
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Aspirin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.35 %
- 20-29: 2.18 %
- 30-39: 2.49 %
- 40-49: 9.54 %
- 50-59: 22.93 %
- 60+: 61.51 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (78 people, 6.50%)
- Depression (75 people, 6.25%)
- Osteoporosis (45 people, 3.75%)
- Diabetes (44 people, 3.67%)
- Stress And Anxiety (42 people, 3.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (145 people, 12.08%)
- Zometa (113 people, 9.42%)
- Plavix (94 people, 7.83%)
- Lasix (92 people, 7.67%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (90 people, 7.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (361 people, 30.08%)
- Fatigue (234 people, 19.50%)
- Nausea (219 people, 18.25%)
- Stress And Anxiety (192 people, 16.00%)
- Weakness (191 people, 15.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus when taking Aspirin?
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Aspirin 306,437 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 30,035 Tinnitus patients).