Review: could Atacand cause Diarrhoea (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Diarrhoea is found among people who take Atacand, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 14,901 people who have side effects while taking Atacand from FDA and social media. Among them, 502 have Diarrhoea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhoea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Atacand and have Diarrhoea >>>
Atacand has active ingredients of candesartan cilexetil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 15,228 Atacand users)
Diarrhoea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 170,840 Diarrhoea patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 14,901 people reported to have side effects when taking Atacand. Among them, 572 people (3.84%) have Diarrhoea.
Time on Atacand when people have Diarrhoea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Atacand * :
Age of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Atacand * :
Severity of Diarrhoea when taking Atacand ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhoea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (139 people, 24.30%)
- Pain (29 people, 5.07%)
- Atrial fibrillation (28 people, 4.90%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (27 people, 4.72%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (23 people, 4.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (94 people, 16.43%)
- Atacand hct (92 people, 16.08%)
- Lasix (54 people, 9.44%)
- Norvasc (53 people, 9.27%)
- Lipitor (52 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of atacand and diarrhoea on
Do you have Diarrhoea while taking Atacand?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Atacand and have Diarrhoea
- support group for people who take Atacand
- support group for people who have Diarrhoea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Clonazepam, Azathioprine, Zorvolex, Humira for a 42-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhea, Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
Recent Atacand related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Candesartan Cilexetil, Ramipril for a 70-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Bystolic, Diovan, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 49-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.