Review: could Atacand cause Diarrhoea (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Diarrhoea is found among people who take Atacand, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 14,897 people who have side effects while taking Atacand from FDA and social media. Among them, 502 have Diarrhoea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhoea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atacand and have Diarrhoea >>>
Atacand has active ingredients of candesartan cilexetil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Atacand 15,225 users)
Diarrhoea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Diarrhoea 169,442 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 14,897 people reported to have side effects when taking Atacand. Among them, 572 people (3.84%) have Diarrhoea.
Time on Atacand when people have Diarrhoea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Atacand * :
Age of people who have Diarrhoea when taking Atacand * :
Severity of Diarrhoea when taking Atacand ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhoea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (139 people, 24.30%)
- Pain (29 people, 5.07%)
- Atrial fibrillation (28 people, 4.90%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (27 people, 4.72%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (23 people, 4.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (94 people, 16.43%)
- Atacand hct (92 people, 16.08%)
- Lasix (54 people, 9.44%)
- Norvasc (53 people, 9.27%)
- Lipitor (52 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhoea while taking Atacand?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atacand and have Diarrhoea
- support group for people who take Atacand
- support group for people who have Diarrhoea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is taking imodium a few days after taking aloe vera gel safe? (1 answer)
I have diarrhea from taking aloe Vera gel and I really need to get rid of it, I bought the aloe Vera gel on about Monday of this week. I have been having diarrhea from this aloe Vera gel since a day after I took it. I was wondering if it was safe to take Imodium for my diarrhea four days after i drank the aloe Vera gel.
- Can someone on warfarin take imodium?
I have diarrhea and would like to know if imodium interferes with coumadin which I take every day.? Thank you
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please! (1 answer)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
I tried low dose of corticosteroides,colifoam but nothing seems to be working,so I am desperate.
Now for a two and a half months I have been using Imuran(Azathioprine).Can you tell is it going to help me, or should I try something else.
Please!Can somebody help me?
Thank you in advance.
- Guide hgh ctical low belly weight, all signs of growth hormone deficiency (1 answer)
During Insulin Tolerance Test and Glucagon Stimulation Test which are both gold standard tests to evaluate adult growth hormones , came down at critical low like 1.0 ug/L, cortisol was also low during these tests.DHEA-S,Testosterone,IGF-1 were also low. Pain in center of head, weakness, tired,fatigued, confused, non ability to exercise,confused, day time sleep, obs sleep apnea non compliance CPAP, belly weight,legs swelling. Endocrinologist is not sure that to start HGH or not.Body gets warm for 1-2 hours, cold sensitiveness, knees pain/stiffness.
- How to cure isoniazid c dif colitis (1 answer)
Developed c dif colitis 4.5 mos into inh tx also have cvid as well as systemic lupus and ankylosing spondylitis... What can they give me?
More questions for: Atacand, Diarrhoea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems like my hair is thinning. My skin is drying out or becoming considerably less elastic.
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to stomach alcohol and had to quit....or had other reactions to gemfibrozil and alcohol use. My depression is becoming severe. I have life changes as well, so I can't figure if it is the drug. Had to take it as my triglycerides were over 900. They are now down to 250. Thanks
More reviews for: Atacand, Diarrhoea
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
- Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
More related studies for: Atacand, Diarrhoea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.