Review: could Atacand cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Atacand, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Atacand hct, and have High blood pressure.
We study 14,901 people who have side effects while taking Atacand from FDA and social media. Among them, 509 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Atacand and have Headache >>>
Atacand has active ingredients of candesartan cilexetil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 15,228 Atacand users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 14,901 people reported to have side effects when taking Atacand. Among them, 653 people (4.38%) have Headache.
Time on Atacand when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Atacand * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Atacand * :
Severity of Headache when taking Atacand ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (245 people, 37.52%)
- Convulsion (45 people, 6.89%)
- Ingrowing nail (33 people, 5.05%)
- Heart rate abnormal (25 people, 3.83%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (22 people, 3.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atacand hct (108 people, 16.54%)
- Aspirin (93 people, 14.24%)
- Xanax (85 people, 13.02%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (79 people, 12.10%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (72 people, 11.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of atacand and headache on
Do you have Headache while taking Atacand?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Atacand and have Headache
- support group for people who take Atacand
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Biotin for a 25-year old woman with Allergy, Healthy Hair And Nails, As Well As Energy Production,. The patient has Constipation, Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Irritability, Missed Periods, Cramps - Leg, Headache
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 55-year old woman with Blood Clots. The patient has Eye Pain, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Headache
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 11-year old boy with Anxiety. The patient has Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vytorin, Spiriva, Imdur for a 66-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Depression, Cholesterol, Copd, Angina. The patient has Ringing In The Ears, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Lansoprazole for a 57-year old man with Blood Pressure Increased, Acid Reflux. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Stomach Pain, Headache, Acid Reflux
Recent Atacand related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Candesartan Cilexetil, Ramipril for a 70-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Bystolic, Diovan, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 49-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.