Review: could Atacand cause Headaches (Headache)?
Summary: Headaches is found among people who take Atacand, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Atacand hct, and have High blood pressure.
We study 14,901 people who have side effects while taking Atacand from FDA and social media. Among them, 653 have Headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Headaches and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Atacand and have Headaches >>>
Atacand has active ingredients of candesartan cilexetil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 15,228 Atacand users)
Headaches (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 168,914 Headaches patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 14,901 people reported to have side effects when taking Atacand. Among them, 509 people (3.42%) have Headaches.
Time on Atacand when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Atacand * :
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Atacand * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Atacand ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (245 people, 48.13%)
- Convulsion (45 people, 8.84%)
- Ingrowing nail (33 people, 6.48%)
- Heart rate abnormal (25 people, 4.91%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 4.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atacand hct (100 people, 19.65%)
- Aspirin (82 people, 16.11%)
- Xanax (76 people, 14.93%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (72 people, 14.15%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (69 people, 13.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headaches while taking Atacand?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Atacand and have Headaches
- support group for people who take Atacand
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of side effects of Inderal for a 39-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Frequent Headaches (pain in head), Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between Acetylsalicylic Acid, Simvastatin, Mirtazapine, Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Heart Failure.
Recent Atacand related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Bystolic, Diovan, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 49-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atacand, for a 58-year old man who has Hypertention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.