Review: could Atarax cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Atarax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain.
We study 10,617 people who have side effects while taking Atarax from FDA and social media. Among them, 331 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atarax and have High blood pressure >>>
Atarax has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Atarax 10,954 users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from High blood pressure 328,584 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 10,617 people reported to have side effects when taking Atarax. Among them, 331 people (3.12%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Atarax when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||96.23%||3.77%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Atarax * :
|High blood pressure||72.43%||27.57% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Atarax * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.88%||3.24%||5.31%||23.60%||9.73%||13.27%||43.95% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Atarax ** :
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (46 people, 13.90%)
- Hypertension (40 people, 12.08%)
- Pruritus (16 people, 4.83%)
- Eczema (16 people, 4.83%)
- Depression (15 people, 4.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (93 people, 28.10%)
- Xanax (58 people, 17.52%)
- Nexium (56 people, 16.92%)
- Neurontin (56 people, 16.92%)
- Albuterol (53 people, 16.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Atarax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atarax and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Atarax
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took flonase and meloxicam and my blood pressure is up. normal?
I took my blood pressure medicine but my blood pressure is higher than normal I took Flonase and Meloxicam. Is that normal and if I've left pressure is still high should I take another blood pressure pill?
- Plendil and pad interaction with arteries
I'm currently taking 10 MG of Plendil with 20MG of Lisinopril. I've developed PAD a couple of years ago. I used to take 40MG of Lisinopril but since retiring my blood pressure had calmed down. My doctor reduced my Lisinopril to 20MG and kept the Plendil at 10MG. I was wondering is I should go back to the 40MG Lisinopril and discontinue the Plendil. I'm confused about the effects that Plendil has on my arteries. Does Plendil dialate the arteries ? If so, then wouldn't it be better that I stop the Plendil to reduce the pain of my PAD ?
- Can i take a cold medicing while taking metoprolol succinate er 25mg (2 answers)
Just want to know if can I take a cold medicine while Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
More questions for: Atarax, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bloody semen after taking amlodipine besylate
Was started on Amlodipine Besylate 11-13-14. Now -not quite three weeks later- I have bloody semen (Hematospermia)ranging from light pink to dark red. It was fine, and normal before. I feel it is the medication causing this.
- Pain in top & back of head after using vistrial
I took hydroxyzine for 1 week & had the worst headache. The pain was in the forehead, top & back of head. There was a lot of pressure too. I was afraid of a bloodclot forming so I didn't take anymore. I didn't know this drug was an antihistimine but I cannot take this type of drug.
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking the amlodipine my PSA levels rose.
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreatic cancer are similar, is there a link between Victoza and cholangiocarcinoma?
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrollable shivering) continued & got higher. By 5/05 my temps were reaching 105 deg F. Husband said I became combative, refused to go to hospital. Early June/05 he came home to find me wrapped in blankets, with a temp over 105 F. He tried to place me in a tub of cold water, said I was rigid & screamed when he tried to move me. I was in the tub, speaking "in tongues" (his description, I have no memory of this). He called 911, took me to hospital. I woke, no idea where I was or why. After a lumbar puncture & 2 days in ICU I went home. The fevers continued...2 weeks later he came home to find me wrapped in sheets, towels, blankets, with the heat on full (it was in the 90's outside) he called ambulance again. I awoke to find myself under an ice blanket with nurses pushing large vials of dantrolene into both arms, several liters. Another LP, a stint in ICU...this time they told me it was NMS. The dr who dxd me said he was surprised I was alive, & not a vegetable, as my temp had peaked at 109 deg F. I suffered brain damage; short-term memory loss, brain can't control my body temp, my blood pressure went up. An arteriogram showed completely healthy heart & arteries, no plaque at all. I lost all body fat as well as some muscle mass. The fevers continued even after stopping the Seroquel. I visited my PCP for a checkup in 9/05, temp was normal. I started shuddering, my temp went up a full degree every 5 minutes. PCP admitted me to ER, my heart rate was over 272 B/M; they stopped my heart 3 times to "reset" it, which didn't work. I spent 3 days in hospital. Several months later my P doc tried me on Lamictal alone; I got Stevens-Johnson syndrome. I stopped the drug as soon as the signs appeared. I've been untreated, except for Neurontin & Primidone, until my manic episodes became unlivable. 3 weeks ago I went 8 days with no sleep, became psychotic. My P doc gave me Trileptal, which has evened my moods, but I've been getting low-grade fevers (highest was 103.6). Would having had NMS in the past make me more prone to falling to it again with the Trileptal? It's the only new med I've taken in over a year.
More reviews for: Atarax, High blood pressure
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- You can say I've give on everything. I stay in my bedroom all the time. I dont like to be around no one and don't like to do nothing no more. This has been going on for over two years now. I can't get no help or insurance to get my medical problems. I guess the government is just waiting for us sick ...
- Over a period of some two years on the Hypertensive drug it was noticed a possible increase in symptoms that could be BPH. After the two years I stopped taking the drug as it made little apparent difference to the Hypertension. Two weeks later the BPH problem has gone away !!! The only way to ass ...
- I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
- Not sure if the methadone is giving me the heart palpitations or the anxiety about being on the methadone is giving me anxiety. I have a heart monitor right now and I had an attack yesterday and I felt like I was going to die. The dr. and the paramedics said it wasn't dangerous, I'm not convinced. ...
- Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
More related studies for: Atarax, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.