Home > Atenolol > Anaphylaxis > Atenolol and Anaphylaxis
Review: could Atenolol cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 80,038 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 309 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atenolol and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Atenolol (latest outcomes from 82,711 users) has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 28,888 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 80,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 309 people (0.39%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Atenolol when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Atenolol * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Atenolol * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Atenolol ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (49 people, 15.86%)
- Diabetes mellitus (13 people, 4.21%)
- Myocardial infarction (12 people, 3.88%)
- Urinary tract infection (11 people, 3.56%)
- Pain (9 people, 2.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (78 people, 25.24%)
- Lisinopril (47 people, 15.21%)
- Simvastatin (39 people, 12.62%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (28 people, 9.06%)
- Omeprazole (24 people, 7.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Seizure after an epipen injection
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Epipen)
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- I have recently developed blurred vision after taking vagifem for 2 months. will it go away if i discontinue the med?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol; High Blood Pressure, and takes Atenolol)
I am 57 yrs old & began taking vagifem for painful intercourse issues. This is my second try on a med as dr first prescibed premarin cream but I developed vaginitis & had severe headaches. I have been taking the vagifem "vagina pill" for approx 2 months & aside from my hot flashes at night being wor ...
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Do Not Urinate Much In Evening, Have To Urinate 3 Or 4 Times At Night, and takes Methocarbamol And Aspirin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Ramipril, Amlodipine, Dexilant )
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I ...
- What can cause shortage of breath on exertion?
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Osteoarthritis Generalised, Shortness Of Breath, and takes Ramipril, Atenolol)
My main problem besides the general aches and stiffness which tends to happen as you age, is a shortness of breath if I am sitting doing nothing i don't seem to notice any problem with my breathing, but as soon as I get up and walk I really struggle .This problem appeared about two year ago , when I ...
More questions for: Atenolol, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Rogaine)
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Platelet count decreased in celebrex
(Posted by a 79 year old man who has Osteoarthritis, Back Pain - Low, and takes Celebrex, Atenolol, Oxycodone)
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to ...
More reviews for: Atenolol, Anaphylaxis
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Was on Cymbalta 30mg for around 3 weeks and was increased to 60mg. Three days after beginning 60mg dosage, I went into Anaphylactic Shock. First my eyes were sensitive to light and I had brain fog. The following day, I thought I was beginning to feel better and in the middle of a store, the right si ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Diamox for a patient with Hypertension, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slow ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, CoQ10, Cinnamon, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Zocor, Atenolol, Xanax for a patient with Heart Artery Dilatation, Supplementation Therapy, Blood Glucose Increased, Vitamin B-12 Level, Urinary Tract Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Palpitations, Anxiety. The patient has Nipple Discharge - Abnormal
Comments: Just noticed a few tiny dots of nipple discharge from clear to light brown when one nipple is squeezed. NOTE: One year ago had small red blood dots from OTHER nipple, spontaneous. Had many tests (see below) and saw a breast surgeon --- result: bleeding thought to be due to trauma (stabbed myself ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Coloración Rojiza En Las Extremedidas
Comments: Tomo medio atenolol 0,50 junto a medio losartan todas las mañanas desde hace 7 años,pero desde hace tres meses presento coloración rojiza en las extremidades, que al presionar con los dedos quedan blancas y se agudiza cuando las piernas están mucho de pie. el diagnóstico fue livedo reticularis ...
More related studies for: Atenolol, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.