Home > Atenolol > Cigarette smoking > Atenolol and Cigarette smoking
Review: could Atenolol cause Cigarette smoking (Quit smoking)?
Summary: Cigarette smoking is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 80,038 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 60 have Cigarette smoking. Find out below who they are, when they have Cigarette smoking and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atenolol and have Cigarette smoking >>>
Atenolol (latest outcomes from 82,707 users) has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Cigarette smoking (latest reports from 66,849 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 80,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 60 people (0.07%) have Cigarette Smoking.
Time on Atenolol when people have Cigarette smoking * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cigarette smoking||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cigarette smoking when taking Atenolol * :
|Cigarette smoking||54.10%||45.90% |
Age of people who have Cigarette smoking when taking Atenolol * :
|Cigarette smoking||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.33%||18.60%||34.88%||44.19% |
Severity of Cigarette smoking when taking Atenolol ** :
How people recovered from Cigarette smoking ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (15 people, 25.00%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 16.67%)
- Pain (8 people, 13.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 8.33%)
- Depression (5 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (26 people, 43.33%)
- Chantix (18 people, 30.00%)
- Prilosec (17 people, 28.33%)
- Amoxicillin (15 people, 25.00%)
- Lisinopril (14 people, 23.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cigarette Smoking while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Cigarette Smoking
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Cigarette Smoking
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- I have recently developed blurred vision after taking vagifem for 2 months. will it go away if i discontinue the med?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol; High Blood Pressure, and takes Atenolol)
I am 57 yrs old & began taking vagifem for painful intercourse issues. This is my second try on a med as dr first prescibed premarin cream but I developed vaginitis & had severe headaches. I have been taking the vagifem "vagina pill" for approx 2 months & aside from my hot flashes at night being wor ...
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Do Not Urinate Much In Evening, Have To Urinate 3 Or 4 Times At Night, and takes Methocarbamol And Aspirin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Ramipril, Amlodipine, Dexilant )
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I ...
- What can cause shortage of breath on exertion?
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Osteoarthritis Generalised, Shortness Of Breath, and takes Ramipril, Atenolol)
My main problem besides the general aches and stiffness which tends to happen as you age, is a shortness of breath if I am sitting doing nothing i don't seem to notice any problem with my breathing, but as soon as I get up and walk I really struggle .This problem appeared about two year ago , when I ...
- How long can multaq cause loose bowels?
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Low Thyroid, HBP, A-fib, and takes Synthroid, Tenormin, Multaq)
I started multaq one week ago, and have had loose bowels since. Is this an ongoing side effect, and if so, what do others do to deal with this sort of intrusion in one's life????? This has limited my activities considerably !!
More questions for: Atenolol, Cigarette smoking
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Platelet count decreased in celebrex
(Posted by a 79 year old man who has Osteoarthritis, Back Pain - Low, and takes Celebrex, Atenolol, Oxycodone)
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to ...
- 25 pound weight gain on ranexa
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Bundle Branch Block Left, Prinzmetal's Angina, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Ranexa)
I was at a steady weight at 150 pounds until I developed Prinzmetal's Angina. I was put on 500 mg. of Ranexa twice a day and up to another 500 to 1,000 if needed. Usually the 500 twice a day works. I have always been on a low carb fish and vegetarian diet. I have slowly put on 25 extra pounds since ...
More reviews for: Atenolol, Cigarette smoking
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, CoQ10, Cinnamon, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Zocor, Atenolol, Xanax for a patient with Heart Artery Dilatation, Supplementation Therapy, Blood Glucose Increased, Vitamin B-12 Level, Urinary Tract Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Palpitations, Anxiety. The patient has Nipple Discharge - Abnormal
Comments: Just noticed a few tiny dots of nipple discharge from clear to light brown when one nipple is squeezed. NOTE: One year ago had small red blood dots from OTHER nipple, spontaneous. Had many tests (see below) and saw a breast surgeon --- result: bleeding thought to be due to trauma (stabbed myself ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fioricet, Azelastine Hydrochloride, Ipratropium Bromide, Ciprofloxacin, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Montelukast Sodium, Omeprazole, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Motrin, Zolpidem, Atenolol for a patient with Muscle Relaxer, Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Allergy, Chronic Sinus Infection, Esophageal Spasm, Fibromyalgia, Stress And Anxiety, Sleeping Difficulty, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes And Brown Patches On Face
Comments: I have been struggling with sinusitis for almost 2 years now and they can't stop the dripping my nose from running,down throat to chest, lots of plegm, and have been congested for over a year and half. Since then, have tried me on every sort of antihistimine, Loradine, Zyrtec, Certirizine, and flut ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Omeprazole And Sodium Bicarbonate, Atenolol, Levothroid, Evista, Lyrica, Flexeril, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, TYLENOL for a patient with Depression, Gerd, Hypertension Nos, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Total Hysterectomy, Fibromyalgia, Fatigue, Preventive Health Care. The patient has Lip Blister
Comments: The problems with my lips began in Feb 2013. It is mostly my upper lip, with symptoms of tiny blisters & a red "line" along the edge of my upper lip, just the redness around my lower lip. There is also burning, swellin, and cracking of the upper lip. It will almost completely heal then will come ...
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Lyrica, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Potassium Gluconate, B-12 for a patient with Depression, High Blood Pressure, Pain, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety, Heart Rate Abnormal, Protein C Deficiency. The patient has Amitriptyline Hydrochloride
Comments: soon after a doseage increase from Amitriptyline 50mg at bedtime to 100mg taken at bedtime, I began sleepwalking. On the first occurance in week 1 I tore the toilet lid and seat off of the toilet. Upon waking up in the morning, I had recall of the event, but no recall of what rationalle caused me ...
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a patient with Blood Pressure Abnormal. The patient has Lactose Intolerance (inability to digest lactose)
Comments: Whenever I eat milk products I get heart beat fluctuations. 6 months ago I suspicioned milk products.
I gradually came to connect the severity of the fluctuation with the density of the milk product.
For instance: large curd cottage cheese an hour before bed, by itself, creates severe distress. ...
More related studies for: Atenolol, Cigarette smoking
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.