Review: could Atenolol cause Completed suicide?
Summary: Completed suicide is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amlodipine, and have Depression.
We study 80,107 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 672 have Completed suicide. Find out below who they are, when they have Completed suicide and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Atenolol and have Completed suicide >>>
Atenolol has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 82,775 Atenolol users)
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, ill-defined disorder, pain, quit smoking. (latest reports from 36,355 Completed suicide patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 80,090 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 672 people (0.84%) have Completed Suicide.
Time on Atenolol when people have Completed suicide * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Completed suicide||86.21%||0.00%||3.45%||0.00%||0.00%||10.34%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Completed suicide when taking Atenolol * :
|Completed suicide||43.13%||56.87% |
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Atenolol * :
|Completed suicide||0.00%||0.00%||5.49%||9.50%||10.53%||18.84%||24.78%||30.86% |
Severity of Completed suicide when taking Atenolol ** :
How people recovered from Completed suicide ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (53 people, 7.89%)
- Ill-defined disorder (23 people, 3.42%)
- Completed suicide (13 people, 1.93%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 1.04%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 1.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amlodipine (105 people, 15.62%)
- Lisinopril (75 people, 11.16%)
- Ethanol (64 people, 9.52%)
- Alprazolam (55 people, 8.18%)
- Diazepam (50 people, 7.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of atenolol and completed suicide on
Do you have Completed Suicide while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Completed Suicide
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Completed Suicide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atenolol, Vitamin B12 for a 58-year old woman with Low Egfr, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Oesophagitis Ulcerative, Diverticulitis Intestinal, Fibromyalgia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Estradiol, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 70-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Postmenopause, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Shoulder Blade Pain, Pain - Shoulder, Tingling And Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Progesterone, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol, Plavix for a 64-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal, Heart Mri. The patient has Skin Rash
Recent Atenolol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.