Review: could Atenolol cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 80,107 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,300 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Atenolol and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Atenolol has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 82,775 Atenolol users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 141,096 Diabetes mellitus patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 80,107 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 1,300 people (1.62%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Atenolol when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||19.23%||7.69%||7.69%||3.85%||11.54%||34.62%||15.38% |
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Atenolol * :
|Diabetes mellitus||51.75%||48.25% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Atenolol * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.27%||2.83%||9.38%||23.54%||29.56%||34.42% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Atenolol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetes mellitus||12.50%||50.00%||25.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (221 people, 17.00%)
- Hypertension (198 people, 15.23%)
- Bipolar disorder (153 people, 11.77%)
- Anxiety (140 people, 10.77%)
- Sleep disorder (101 people, 7.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (365 people, 28.08%)
- Aspirin (323 people, 24.85%)
- Lipitor (266 people, 20.46%)
- Lisinopril (216 people, 16.62%)
- Zyprexa (205 people, 15.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of atenolol and diabetes mellitus on
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Estradiol, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 70-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Postmenopause, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Shoulder Blade Pain, Pain - Shoulder, Tingling And Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Progesterone, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol, Plavix for a 64-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal, Heart Mri. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Felodipine, Atenolol, Ramipril, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 for a 43-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back. The patient has Adrenal Mass, High Blood Pressure, Herniated Intervertebral Disk
Recent Atenolol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.