Home > Atenolol > Dizziness > Atenolol and Dizziness
Review: could Atenolol cause Dizziness?
Summary: Dizziness is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 80,038 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,036 have Dizziness. Find out below who they are, when they have Dizziness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atenolol and have Dizziness >>>
Atenolol (latest outcomes from 82,711 users) has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Dizziness (latest reports from 1,294,614 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 80,038 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 4,036 people (5.04%) have Dizziness.
Time on Atenolol when people have Dizziness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dizziness when taking Atenolol * :
Age of people who have Dizziness when taking Atenolol * :
Severity of Dizziness when taking Atenolol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dizziness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (905 people, 22.42%)
- Depression (258 people, 6.39%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (207 people, 5.13%)
- Pain (205 people, 5.08%)
- Osteoporosis (204 people, 5.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,166 people, 28.89%)
- Lisinopril (563 people, 13.95%)
- Lipitor (523 people, 12.96%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (458 people, 11.35%)
- Simvastatin (445 people, 11.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dizziness while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Dizziness
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Dizziness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- 3-4 losartan can harm you
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Dizziness, and takes Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide)
If you ever took more than 4 pill of Losartan ,can this harm you in a way causing death
- Is it safe to take viagra with vestibular problem
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Dizziness, and takes Viagra)
Lost my hearing and developed vestibular disorder after benign tumor radio surgery. Just wondering whether is safe to take viagra.
- Can lipitor 10mg cause lightheadeness all day even tho taken at bedtime
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Lightheadedness - Dizzy)
Even tho I take 1 10mg at bedtime I seem to be light headeness all day long
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Nervousness, Chest Pain, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Weakness, and takes Hydroxyzine, Zoloft)
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
More questions for: Atenolol, Dizziness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Dizziness)
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
(Posted by a 73 year old woman who has Vertigo)
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I soug ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
More reviews for: Atenolol, Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Lexapro for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Pressure Sore, Lightheadedness - Dizzy
Comments: Ive been dizzy and lightheaded for 2 days . It moves from the back of my head to the front. I feel alot of pressure. I take a .5 mg of lexapro at noon daily. I split .25 xanax in half and take half in the morning and half at night before bed to help me sleep.
the symptoms get worse whenIm at work, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Concerta for a patient with Depression, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite
Comments: I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Diamox for a patient with Hypertension, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slow ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, CoQ10, Cinnamon, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Zocor, Atenolol, Xanax for a patient with Heart Artery Dilatation, Supplementation Therapy, Blood Glucose Increased, Vitamin B-12 Level, Urinary Tract Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Palpitations, Anxiety. The patient has Nipple Discharge - Abnormal
Comments: Just noticed a few tiny dots of nipple discharge from clear to light brown when one nipple is squeezed. NOTE: One year ago had small red blood dots from OTHER nipple, spontaneous. Had many tests (see below) and saw a breast surgeon --- result: bleeding thought to be due to trauma (stabbed myself ...
More related studies for: Atenolol, Dizziness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.