Review: could Atenolol cause Drug screen false positive?
Summary: Drug screen false positive is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Hydrochlorothiazide, and have Blood pressure management.
We study 80,052 people who have side effects while taking Atenolol from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Drug screen false positive. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug screen false positive and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Atenolol and have Drug screen false positive >>>
Atenolol has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Atenolol 82,721 users)
Drug screen false positive
Drug screen false positive has been reported by people with depression, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, pain.(latest reports from Drug screen false positive 1,213 patients)
On Dec, 8, 2014: 80,038 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Drug Screen False Positive.
Time on Atenolol when people have Drug screen false positive * :
Gender of people who have Drug screen false positive when taking Atenolol * :
|Drug screen false positive||12.50%||87.50% |
Age of people who have Drug screen false positive when taking Atenolol * :
|Drug screen false positive||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood pressure abnormal (2 people, 28.57%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 28.57%)
- Restless legs syndrome (1 people, 14.29%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 42.86%)
- Zoloft (3 people, 42.86%)
- Flexeril (2 people, 28.57%)
- Prilosec (2 people, 28.57%)
- Zyprexa (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Screen False Positive while taking Atenolol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Atenolol and have Drug Screen False Positive
- support group for people who take Atenolol
- support group for people who have Drug Screen False Positive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I'm starting 7.5 mg remeron tonight , how can i expect to feal in the morning? (1 answer)
Long period of depression desperate to find something that will work quik and give me some energy.
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it? (2 answers)
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of going round and round with doctors and no one finding anything wrong with me, I found posts about Lisinopril and tingling and I quit taking it. But the tingling and aches have not gone away. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it??? I get nowhere going to doctors, they find nothing wrong with me. Thanks
- I have recently developed blurred vision after taking vagifem for 2 months. will it go away if i discontinue the med? (2 answers)
I am 57 yrs old & began taking vagifem for painful intercourse issues. This is my second try on a med as dr first prescibed premarin cream but I developed vaginitis & had severe headaches. I have been taking the vagifem "vagina pill" for approx 2 months & aside from my hot flashes at night being worse there were no other side effects. Then suddenly this past week I began seeing "halos" and flashes of light out of my right eye only & in the perriferal vision.I am nearsighted have worn glasses all my life & progressive lenses for the past 10 yrs. Have regular vision exams & never had any problems. In fact just got new glasses about 4 months ago! I plan to discontinue this med & am hoping these symptoms go away along with it. Please respond if you have an answer for me.
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem (2 answers)
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I drink whiskey I don't urinate much in evening but have to get up 3 or 4 times during the night to urinate.amlodipine,ramipril,atenolol are for blood pressure.
rosuvastatin for cholesterol,methocarbonal for sore back,pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen are for sinus headaches caused from smoking cigarettes.
so anybody out there think dexilant might be causing my urinating during the night problem ?
plus when I do go during the night I don't seem to completely empty my bladder!
any ideas ?
- What can cause shortage of breath on exertion? (1 answer)
My main problem besides the general aches and stiffness which tends to happen as you age, is a shortness of breath if I am sitting doing nothing i don't seem to notice any problem with my breathing, but as soon as I get up and walk I really struggle .This problem appeared about two year ago , when I started coughing up phlegm , off to the docs had chest xray appeared ok, had a heart scan appeared ok, so ended up with the normal tools of the trade Inhalers which never seem to do any good. So I am looking for any help to identify my problem, maybe someone else has a similar problem and can through a bit light on mine.
More questions for: Atenolol, Drug screen false positive
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Excessive menstrual cycle bleeding??? here's a possible answer!
I take Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg and Atenolol 50mg daily for high blood pressure. I have had every exam known to man and all blood work and test results come back clear with no indications of a reason as to why my pressure is high. Needless to say, I take the meds and my blood pressure is controlled. I went to the dentist yesterday to have a filling replaced, the doctor gave me a novocaine injection, did the work and I was out of there happy as a pig in mud. The doctor did not ask if I was on my menstrual cycle and today I realize why he should have. I have to use the restroom every 15 minutes MAXIMUM, to change my sanitary napkin and release the blood that has accumulated in my vaginal canal. Wearing a tampon is not even an option! There is no pain however it is so gross. I once took 2 excedrin while on my cycle and had the mini version of what is happening now. Needless to say, the combination of hydrochlorothiazide and novocaine should not be mixed especially during your menstrual cycle.
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreatic cancer are similar, is there a link between Victoza and cholangiocarcinoma?
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported anywhere else; have other people noticed this effect?
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Platelet count decreased in celebrex
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to arthritis. I was on Vioxx for five years till I had stroke in Sept. 2004, at that time, was switched to Celebrex as Vioxx was taken off market. I am a lifetime blood donor and also was a platelet donor. My platelet count in 1995 was 315. It started trending down since I started on Celebrex. By early Oct. 2013 it was down to 73. My doctor and pharmacist both agree that Celebrex was probably causing this and switched me to Tramadol. I stopped taking Celebrex on 10/4/13. I donated blood on 10/28 and at that time my platelet count had increased to 91.
More reviews for: Atenolol, Drug screen false positive
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I take 25 mg Atenolol and 250 mg magnesium citrate sometimes at same time. I was recently diagnosed with afib and had a TIA. Could combining atenolol and magnesium cause this. My doctors and pharmacist are aware I take both of these, but have made no comments about an interaction. I did find info o ...
- Recently went in to treatment to get off of a hydrocodone addiction following neck surgery. The doctor staryed me on suboxone. This is the second time i was treated for this because i have been on a pain management program for neck problems. The dr drug screens me everytime i go there. While in ...
- I have had Chikungunya for two months now, which leads me to use Naproxen Sodium on a daily basis (2 in the morning, 2 at night) for joint pain. I also had Benadryl a day ago for nasal allergies. Today I took a drug screening test and it was positive for THC. It made no sense to me so I looked onlin ...
- Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slow ...
- Just noticed a few tiny dots of nipple discharge from clear to light brown when one nipple is squeezed. NOTE: One year ago had small red blood dots from OTHER nipple, spontaneous. Had many tests (see below) and saw a breast surgeon --- result: bleeding thought to be due to trauma (stabbed myself ...
More related studies for: Atenolol, Drug screen false positive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.