Review: could Atenolol cause Erectile dysfunction?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 77,142 people who take Atenolol. Among them, 408 have Erectile dysfunction. See who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Atenolol (latest outcomes from 82,513 users) has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure, heart palpitations. Commonly reported side effects of Atenolol include nausea, nausea aggravated, weakness, fatigue, dizziness.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 126,628 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Feb, 18, 2014: 77,076 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol. Among them, 405 people (0.53%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Atenolol when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||3.57%||3.57%||3.57%||28.57%||32.14%||28.57% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Atenolol * :
|Erectile dysfunction||3.57%||96.43% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Atenolol * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||1.13%||0.56%||2.54%||10.42%||27.61%||57.75% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Atenolol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||3.70%||37.04%||48.15%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (97 people, 23.95%)
- Hypertension (53 people, 13.09%)
- Depression (33 people, 8.15%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (31 people, 7.65%)
- Blood pressure (21 people, 5.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Viagra (107 people, 26.42%)
- Aspirin (101 people, 24.94%)
- Levitra (89 people, 21.98%)
- Lisinopril (58 people, 14.32%)
- Lipitor (55 people, 13.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Atenolol, Erectile dysfunction
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Atenolol (atenolol) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Atenolol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Atenolol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Atenolol side effects from A to Z:
Browse Atenolol drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Also take proscar and lisinopril
From this study (1 year ago):
I had my Blood pressure ion age of 19 no reason discovered but recently it happened to check my blood sugar i had 139 fasting. my atenolol dosage increased to 50mg from 25mg recently as blood pressure hike. I did not have blood sugar since my last check 1 1/2 years ago but now suddenly i have this after usage of finasteride for 1+ years. is this blood sugar because of Finasteride usage ? if so if i stop it will come to normal?
From this study (4 years ago):
Can't get or maintain an erection, is it these drugs in combination ?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atenolol, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Accutane made me impotent
I am a 61 year old male who was prescribed Accutane at the age of 58 by my ophthalmologist to speed in the healing of my retina from a retinal detachment. It did me absolutely no good whatsoever in that regard and actually caused me to have permanent impotence. My problem started at the exact same ...
- Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using olmesartan 20 mg. daily
Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using Olmesartan 20 mg. daily.
Other related / associated conditions : anxiety and work stress
- Platelet count decreased in celebrex
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to ...
More reviews for: Atenolol, Erectile dysfunction
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Atenolol for a patient with Hair Loss, Blood Pressure Abnormal. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems), Fasting Blood Sugar (Glucose test)
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Atenolol, Digoxin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Ipratropium Bromide, Simvastatin, Omeprazole for a patient with Heart Valve Operation, Blood Pressure, Heart Arythmia, Low Thyroid, Runny Nose, Cholesterol, Acid Reflux. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Plavix, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Adderall 30, Atenolol, Alprazolam, Clonazepam for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Heart Attack, High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease Congenital, Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia. The patient has Achilles Tendonitis, Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Impotence (Erection problems), Insomnia, Increased Tendency To Bruise, Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Fatigue, Groin Swelling, Back Pain, Hearing Impaired, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Occasional Esophagus Or Throat Blockage When Eating, Nasal Disorder
More related studies for: Atenolol, Erectile dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.