Atenolol and Insulin resistance - from FDA reports
Insulin resistance is found among people who take Atenolol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Humalog, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Insulin resistance with Atenolol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 116,118 people who have side effects when taking Atenolol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
116,118 people reported to have side effects when taking Atenolol.
Among them, 15 people (0.01%) have Insulin resistance
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Insulin resistance when taking Atenolol *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Insulin resistance when taking Atenolol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 21.43 %
- 50-59: 64.29 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (2 people, 13.33%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (2 people, 13.33%)
- Gastric Disorder (2 people, 13.33%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 13.33%)
- Depression (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nitroglycerin (3 people, 20.00%)
- Lexapro (3 people, 20.00%)
- Levoxyl (3 people, 20.00%)
- Humalog (3 people, 20.00%)
- Niaspan (2 people, 13.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 26.67%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (4 people, 26.67%)
- Nausea (4 people, 26.67%)
- Haematocrit Decreased (4 people, 26.67%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (4 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Insulin resistance when taking Atenolol?
- Check symptoms - is insulin resistance caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsInsulin resistance and drugs with ingredients of atenolol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInsulin resistance and Atenolol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Atenolol has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Atenolol 121,306 users)
Insulin resistance has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, type 1 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 2,215 Insulin resistance patients).
Browse all side effects of Atenolola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Insulin resistanceInsulin resistance
Could your condition cause Insulin resistanceInsulin resistance
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been on atenolol (half)50grams and half asprin for the past 6 months for an abnormal heart beat and enlarged heart. I've just been introduced to moringa juice but due to my medication I'm reluctant to drink moringa. Please tell me if its ok.
COPD recent diagnosis, Sleep Apnea - diagnosed about 8 yrs ago- use CPAP nightly, nasal allergies, recent back injury, 2 rotator cuff surgeries in the last 10 yrs, about 30 lbs. overweight, history of heart palpitations and arrithmias
I have been a diabetic type 2 for almost 12 years. As time goes by I suffered a heart attack and a stroke therefore all the medications listed. Recently, I noticed an pain in the leg accompamied by extreme muscle stiffness on the feet
User reviews to the study
My mother is 70 years old and has been taking Atenolol/50mg for over 15 years now. She had her gallbladder removed 10 years ago and yesterday had to have gallstones removed from the remaining ducts. She has suffered great pain and we had never associated her condition with Atenolol until now. Is ...
Hi, my name is Cam. I'm from Australia. I started taking Lipidil (145mg) at age 35 for high cholesterol. I'm 52 now (2017) and still taken this drug. I developed a symptom 2 years ago which my Dr has dismissed as muscular related on my right hand side under my rib cage. I'm obviously not a Dr ...